NEWSWEEK!

Home Forums All Things LEGO! NEWSWEEK!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I was in line at LOWE’S and I saw this:

Newsweek: LEGO—The Toy that Changed Our Lives

I was not sure if I should spend $11 or whether I was probably aware of everything in it already. I saw a cool picture of a ginormous titanic model breaking in half. The cover says that it should be on newsstands until September 15th.

I plan to see if the library has this special edition of Newsweek. Of course, if they do have it, it can’t be checked out until it is no longer “current.”

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Will McDine
    Participant

I bought and read mine yesterday at the Brentwood Giant Eagle. It is a very nice magazine and worth the 11 dollars if you ask me.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

And was there anything in it that you didn’t know already?

Recently Netflix acquired a documentary called The Toys That Made Us or something like that, and there’s a Lego episode, but TBB’s review said readers are unlikely to find much, if anything, in it that they don’t already know. So I haven’t felt any urgency in getting around to watching it.

I experienced that with the Cult of Lego book that came out some years ago. I bought it and read maybe half of it before quitting, since all it was doing was describing a life that I was already leading, but in way less detail than I was familiar with.

Tim

Recently Netflix acquired a documentary called The Toys That Made Us or something like that, and there’s a Lego episode, but TBB’s review said readers are unlikely to find much, if anything, in it that they don’t already know. So I haven’t felt any urgency in getting around to watching it.

I’ve watched it and it was an enjoyable 45 minutes. Nothing earthshattering and nothing super in depth but there was some information I had not heard before.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar