Saturday, May 9th – track build day

Home Forums LUG discussions Saturday, May 9th – track build day

• This topic has 40 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tim.
Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Paula
    Participant

I could come over after work on Saturday, but my building skills are limited to Ikea. Shall I come after work?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Its probably a moot point now, but in the photo stream that Ben just posted, there are these tracks, apparently from PBF 2014:

Indeed, and I believe the BrickFest Live guys have been using them at all their shows since. What are you getting at? That we could borrow them? Use their design/instructions?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I could come over after work on Saturday, but my building skills are limited to Ikea. Shall I come after work?

What time is “after work”, Paula? Midafternoon? We do have instructions, although not *quite* as sophisticated as Ikea instructions. I would say that any willing hands would be helpful, but also that at least one person with some building experience would be useful – the hinges and connections being the steps remaining and also some of the trickier steps, it’d help to have someone confident in interpreting the directions and pulling things together. We also widened the track for 6 lanes, so not every dimension in the instructions is exact… I jotted down some notes where I could, so it shouldn’t be too bad, but yeah. Someone to take charge and give direction, and another (/others) to take direction, drill holes where marked, etc.

Bottom line, all hands on deck! Tonight if possible, tomorrow for sure!

David H Donley
    Participant

I am sorry, I wish I could help and come out Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I have Mother’s Day events on Saturday and Sunday. Baseball on Saturday, and Friday (today) we have to go shopping for everything this weekend. I know, I know, we should have done everything sooner…but Wednesday was baseball and Thursday was hockey. I need more time in the day/week/month.

I am behind on everything. The good news is that this Saturday night we all gain 1 second at 12:59:59pm. Happy Leap Second!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I am sorry, I wish I could help and come out Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I have Mother’s Day events on Saturday and Sunday. Baseball on Saturday, and Friday (today) we have to go shopping for everything this weekend. I know, I know, we should have done everything sooner…but Wednesday was baseball and Thursday was hockey. I need more time in the day/week/month.
    I am behind on everything.

Priorities, man! You don’t think I’m behind on everything, too? I simply choose to prioritize the LUG and other fun activities, and ignore lame stuff like paying bills and mowing my lawn.

Paula
    Participant

@philmatt24 I work until 5pm. I would need sustenance before I arrive. Will that do?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

@philmatt24 I work until 5pm. I would need sustenance before I arrive. Will that do?

Well, @paulamalu, my attendance tomorrow is unlikely (I already put in shifts on Sunday and Thursday, and tomorrow is my dad’s 60th Bday, so I’m planning on spending the day with family.) So I’m not the right person to ask about specifics, but if @pete or anyone else is trying to work on it, I figured you guys need to know what times each other are available. Pretty sure @JoshHall said his house is open to workers at any time, but also that he’ll be watching his girls and not have much freedom to help… so yeah. If after 5PM is when you can help, that’s better than no help!

Pete
    Participant

I am at Josh’s house where is all my help.

Pete
    Participant

Paula I will be at Josh’s later Saturday if you want to stop by after you get done with work. We can always use an extra pair of hands.

Tim

Come on out and help finish the track. We don’t want to let the kids down.

To everyone who has been able to help with this – GREAT JOB AND THANK YOU! I have been out of town for work and just not able to get down to Josh’s to help. Yes, I wholly agree that projects like this (building non=Lego stuff to help with a LUG event/display) should be a redeemable event just like Lego building for a display.

Paula
    Participant

@pete I’ll be there! ETA 530pm, is that good?

Pete
    Participant

That sounds good to me.

Paula
    Participant

@pete no one is here, are you coming back?

Josh
    Keymaster

It is done. Paula, Aaron (paula’s husband), Walter, and, of course, Pete, finished it up last night by 9pm. Juliette loved testing it out, even today.

Might have some kinks, but it will be a first time run and I think it will be just fine.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Sweetastic! You guys rock, high five. We’ll be putting it through its paces starting Thursday morning, so if there’s any problems, we’ll find them.

Tim

WOW that is fantastic! Great job guys! Does it break down for (relatively) easy transportation?

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar