The TARDIS

Home Forums MOCs The TARDIS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tim

I’ve been meaning to do a TARDIS in Lego for some time and had some time today to work one up. The TARDIS is 7 studs on each side which makes it slightly bigger than true minifig scale. But it should look good on our displays. Each panel is recessed using headlight bricks and tiles. Joe came up with the minifigs of The Doctor , Amy Pond, and Rory Williams. He also did sonic screwdriver. I posted a few additional pictures on Flickr.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kathy Kleinerman
    Participant

Tim,
    Looks great!

Josh
    Keymaster

I am one of the people completely unaware of anything Dr. Who, but man, I see that tardis everywhere. We need a tardis in rotation. solid work.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I am one of the people completely unaware of anything Dr. Who,

…as evidenced by abbreviating “Doctor” as “Dr.”…

It’s been on my todo list as well, Tim, but… you’re a git’r’done guy, and I’m a slacker.

Laura’s Tenth + Rose (& Cyberman! we need to work on an army) can be switched in for Eleventh + Ponds, if we want a change of pace. I’ll keep my eyes open for parts to make River Song, Ninth, and other favorites. Does LEGO make a scarf that would work for Tom Baker’s Fourth? I vote SCLUG becomes exclusively about Doctor Who MOCs!

The Wanted poster is a nice touch.

PS – opinions on Clara? I like her, but have heard some scathing reviews, and my judgment might be colored by the fact that I think she’s kinda cute…

Tim

…as evidenced by abbreviating “Doctor” as “Dr.”…

Hillarious!

Laura’s Tenth + Rose (& Cyberman! we need to work on an army) can be switched in for Eleventh + Ponds, if we want a change of pace. I’ll keep my eyes open for parts to make River Song, Ninth, and other favorites. Does LEGO make a scarf that would work for Tom Baker’s Fourth? I vote SCLUG becomes exclusively about Doctor Who MOCs![/qupte] I am not aware of any scarf that LEGO has made. We could consider doing a custom made from fabric.
    [quote=4837]The Wanted poster is a nice touch.

Thanks. I was just looking for any white tiles with writing on them to mimic the notice that is posted on the front of the TARDIS. The wanted poster and keyboard were the only ones I had. I turned the keyboard upside down and the wanted poster on its side so that they would hopefully be less recognizable for what they are and would appear to the casual observer to just be a notice.

PS – opinions on Clara? I like her, but have heard some scathing reviews, and my judgment might be colored by the fact that I think she’s kinda cute…

I really like Clara. Jenna Coleman and Matt Smith just clicked really well. I like how Clara is not as outwardly impressed by The Doctor as others and is willing to deflate him (Clara: “It’s smaller on the outside.” Doctor: “OK, not the usual response.” and Clara calling him “chin-y”). It will be interesting to see how she interacts with Peter Capaldi and his Doctor.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I really like Clara. Jenna Coleman and Matt Smith just clicked really well. I like how Clara is not as outwardly impressed by The Doctor as others and is willing to deflate him (Clara: “It’s smaller on the outside.” Doctor: “OK, not the usual response.” and Clara calling him “chin-y”). It will be interesting to see how she interacts with Peter Capaldi and his Doctor.

Yep, yep, yep. Fandoms find reasons to complain about them all. Rose was too schmaltzy / in love with The Doctor / whatever other reason everyone hates her; Martha was too in love with The Doctor; Donna… actually, everyone seems to like Donna… I dunno why, but I’m sure I’ve seen Pond hate as well… and people didn’t like that Clara was a mystery, or something… but I thought that story arc was intriguing. But hey, it’s entertainment. We don’t all have to love every companion (or every Doctor, or every episode…) But I think Clara has been quite funny and just as interesting as the (almost) universally loved Ponds.

RJ Thompson
    Participant

Tim,

Your TARDIS model is flipping awesome. I shared it on instagram, where many of my students ‘liked’ it. Here’s the URL.

http://instagram.com/ysugraphicdesign

Not sure if this code will work…

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/jmlz9fie-c/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by RJ Thompson.
    Tim

Thanks, RJ! Glad your students liked it. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar