Winter Wonderland (Deadline 12/30)

Home Forums LUG discussions Winter Wonderland (Deadline 12/30)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

Thank you again for all of the Deck the Halls submissions! We had a really festive turnout.

This December, we’ll be walking in a winter wonderland. This is your chance to showcase your winter display or MOC, past or present. Again, whether your chilly MOC, favorite snowy set, or just a happy little snowflake, all submissions are welcome.

Either post your pictures here, include a link to Flickr, or tag steelcitylug on Instagram by December 30.

Pictures will be shared on Instagram and Facebook throughout January.

Winter not your thing? Next theme is red (love, heart health, Lunar New Year). A new thread will be posted around New Year’s.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

This was an entry into an online LEGO contest that was named Winter Wonderland.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I built this gingerbread church as a tree topper a year or two ago. I worked on building a technic turntable for it, but once I geared the motor down enough to have the power to rotate the building, the movement was so imperceptibly slow that it was not worthwhile. I incorporated the “Mountain Man Award” (thanks @tfdesigns) as the housing for the battery pack.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Pictures from Brickfair VA 2016 includes:
    – North Pole warehouse (from our first Greenbergs show)
    – Tom’s sleigh and the LUG snow topped trees

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Pictures from Brickfair VA 2016

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Pictures from Brickfair VA 2016 includes:
    – magnetic snowmobiles that worked BEFORE Brickfair

Attachments:
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

https://www.flickr.com/gp/143468655@N07/2rrk51

It’s beginning to look a lot like Grogu.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@Jim, you built one of the SOLD OUT wreaths. Was that because you got to the store when they still had them in September or did you piece it together from parts you had?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

@greg, yes, yes I did. I got that set the second weekend after it came out. It has been just sitting in my backlog and it was time to bring it out, modify it to be a little more Force sensitive, and invoke Grogu to spread some holiday cheer!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

A tree from last year with a splash of new Elves and another skating rink from a 2020 GWP.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/143468655@N07/gvfW5C

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Another “rare” set we decided to build last night. It is really awesome actually and ingenious how Lego built it to come apart in just enough pieces to fit back in the box! For those of us who save boxes, this is a plus, and the fact you don’t have to break it down all the way is a real win year over year! Enjoy!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/143468655@N07/5rmd40

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Another “rare” set we decided to build last night.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=182352#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}

That’s cool! I didn’t know that set existed. 😀

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Maybe I shouldn’t have opened it at $500 for a US sealed set! ??. Oh well…it was fun to build and it’s a set we will enjoy keeping and bringing out every Christmas!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I saw someone redo the Winter Cottage in red and with black trim and I thought it looked striking compared to the original light blue. So I attempted my own color scheme, dark red with tan trim, of the same building.

Attachments:
    Neil Tannyan
    Participant

Here my winter village with a new hotel i just finished based on a similar style to some I saw in Whistler BC when we visited in 2019.

I’ll put the rest of my pictures on my Flickr acct I see there is an upload limit of 3mb.

Flickr link added below

Winter Village Resort

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Neil Tannyan.
    Attachments:
    Bob Grier
    Participant

Over the holidays I’ve been “winterizing” my Grist Mill/Covered Bridge layout. Still a work in progress, but far enough along now to share here. Not quite “Currier & Ives”, but not bad either. Cue the “Sleigh Ride” music . . . . !!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Bob Grier.
    Attachments:
    Bob Grier
    Participant

One more view from the other side. By the way, “Grandma’s house” just got a wrap around porch!!

Attachments:
    Krista K

Thank you all for the excellent submissions! I appreciate you taking the time to share. Happy new year! 😊

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Hey Bob, I had not seen the latest photos of your covered bridge scene before – the farmhouse and the sleigh are great additions … and my eye is still drawn to the texture of the mill wall, it really adds a look of authenticity to that model.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

@greg @joshhall @everyoneelse maybe we can work on embiggening this awesome ski lift / slope for future winter displays?

I’m thinking SkiFree tribute, complete with yeti and a 100′ long run…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar