BrickFair Virginia

Home Forums All Things LEGO! BrickFair Virginia

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’ll be there from Wed to Sun. I still don’t know if anybody else is going for sure, other than Micah.

Incidentally, they drew names for the games today, and Tim will be disappointed to know that I was not selected for Impaired Speed Build. I could try n get in as an alternate, but I doubt I will – once you get over 45, drinking games really go down on your list of priorities.

Zach Bauer
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ll be there Saturday for the whole [spectator] day. Hope to see some of you yinzers there!

Todd
    Participant

Hey Ben ……if your really disappointed about missing out on the Impaired Speed Build…..we could oragazie are own!!!! just saying……

Greg Schubert
    Participant

who’s going to BrickFair VA

My wife and I are planning to see the displays on Saturday.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

BrickFairVA is over. It was fun as usual.

Greg did in fact drive from Lancaster to Chantilly on Saturday morning, and then from Chantilly to Pittsburgh later on Saturday, so I saw him during public hours. Zach Bauer also made an appearance during Saturday public hours (some of his ILUGNY friends had stuff on display), so I chatted with him for a bit. Micah was there and had stuff on display. Todd was there doing his vendor thing.

I ended up being listed as an alternate for impaired speed build but we were out of the hall when it happened so I did not participate or observe. (We were actually rushing to the Lego store before it closed to cash in on AFOL days, and we got in trouble with mall security for using an out of order escalator an our attempt to get there quickly.) So no good stories for Tim.

I didn’t have anything on display this year, other than the GBC event kits for last year and this year, so I’m not taking any staffing or display credits for this one. I’m coming up on two years without completing a new version of the GBC, so I really need to get back on it, BrickFair and BrickWorld are definitely way more fun when you have stuff to display.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Also, anybody interested in seeing photos, Dae has done her usual comprehensive photo documentation on Flickr, and already posted the results. This year it’s 3340 photos and five videos, spread over five albums. I haven’t looked at them all yet.

VA BrickFair 2019

Moon and Beyond

Micro, Sculpture, Vignette

DelVALUG

Charm City LUG

Greg Schubert
    Participant

What did Micah bring to Brickfair VA?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Check out 18:47……hmmmm…….

Tim

Loved the old fashion flip phones with extendable antennae!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Loved the old fashion flip phones with extendable antennae!

Oh man, I finally got around to watching this, it was just as embarrassing as I’d expected, despite Rachel’s assurances that we were super cute. When they posted the video to YouTube, I was wondering how long it would take before somebody in Steel City LUG noticed it (answer: not long).

I started joking about being Tom for Halloween as soon as the Elijah story began going around at BWC17. Somehow me n Rachel decided to do it for real: we bought the shirts at BFNJ17 when Todd had them for sale, the wigs are Andy Warhol wigs purchased from Amazon, and the flip phones are our own phones from way back when that we never threw away (Tom still uses a flip phone to this day, which is why Hanlon was quick to compliment them). All we needed to complete the look was jeans and sneakers.

Tom was super embarrassed by the whole thing, which he mentions in the comments for the video. I was also nervous about how the whole thing was gonna go over, but when we were walking the length of the tables to catch up with Lawrie and Hanlon, every single person in the GBC area told us that we were literally the greatest thing ever, so I knew we had a winner.

Our Halloween plans are currently undetermined because of Lego Masters, but I expect that I’ll be dressed as Tom either in Elmhurst or in New Jersey come October.

Dan
    Participant

That’s awesome! Ben, not knowing anything about GBC I first thought you were a mad scientist, which would also be fitting!

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar