Build/ MOC photograph session at Walter's March 11

Home Forums LUG discussions Build/ MOC photograph session at Walter's March 11

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Whiteside
    Participant

On Saturday March 11th, Dan and I going to set up a space themed photo background for MOCs. I just got some decent lighting and Dan has the cool backdrops we made for SW Randall. My camera is OK but its no Nikon D-series.

Let’s plan on starting around noon and it can go as late as we need. I will plan on ordering some food for lunch & or dinner.

My address:

439 Austin Avenue
    Pittsburgh 15243

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Cool stuff. Maybe we can have “picture days” every 3-6 months, or tie in with a quarterly meeting sometimes. I know there’s interest in high quality MOC photography, and some folks have some gear that helps get it done for Flickr, but others might not, or might like to join forces like this (and it’s a good excuse to gather and have fun, anyway!)

…but I don’t think I can come next week, and I don’t have anything photo-worthy ready (besides my skiffs, maybe.) But soon!

Josh
    Keymaster

yeah, just to say it here, I really like the idea of “picture day” every so often. We have discussed this in the past but always needed someone to step to offer/lead it.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m thinking of coming to this just to be social and see how you guys set up to take your pics, sort of like I did at SWRandall’s. Plus I wanna see Walter’s Lego room.

Incidentally I have never used a light box for photos, Lego or otherwise. I could’ve really used one from 2003 to 2010, when I was building lots of small spaceships and cars n stuff. But I didn’t know about them til after that, and since then, I have built nothing that would fit in one, and I currently have no plans to.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Plus I wanna see Walter’s Lego room.

Meh. Long drive, for that…

Tom Frost
    Participant

I would love to come to this @whitesidewjw but I don’t think I can swing two Lego weekends in a row, especially after my Febrovery marathon.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> I don’t think I can swing two Lego weekends in a row

Blasphemy!

>> Long drive, for that…

It’s probably a shorter drive for you than for me. Some of us have nothing better to do. I’m still planning on coming, even if it’s a shorter visit.

Whiteside
    Participant

It might be just You, Dan and me so far.

I’ll set up the lighting downstairs. I’ll also pick up some fabric that is tan- as close as a match i can find on the tan base plates in case we need it.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> It might be just You, Dan and me so far.

That’s okay, I’m still coming. My technical knowledge of cameras and lighting is extremely limited, so I’m interested in seeing how you guys do this. And I’m guessing there’s actually a lot of people in the same boat as Frost.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Something came up, I will not be able to make it. I hope you guys have fun, and I look forward to seeing the pics.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar