Election Day Display!

Home Forums LUG discussions Election Day Display!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

We have a guitar stand made out of PVC piping.

I think the MOC cards are going to be handwritten on index cards at the site. I don’t think I’m going to have a business cards to handout, but the QR code will be on display as a link to the LUG.

I’ve been upgrading the two London buildings and realized that my London bus is disproportionately small. To anyone who has built the recent double decker bus set, does it look minifig scale and would you want to display it on election day?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I invested 4 hours this morning building a larger 8 wide double decker bus.The LEGO set bus would be much more detailed and 50% larger in each direction, but this will have to suffice. I hope to also build a couple of 8-wide cars for this road.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

First, @skippermike, can you bring the roller coaster to this event? Also, has the motor for the roller coaster been rigged to run from an outlet rather than from a battery?

Second, due to a commitment at work, I have to be gone from about 8:30AM until noon on that day. I can man the display from the opening of the polls at 7AM until 8:30AM. Bob has to retrieve his grandson from the South Hills that day and he may not get to the display until an hour or two later.

We could
    1. temporarily close the display until Bob arrives
    2. delay opening altogether until Bob arrives or
    3. perhaps someone can fill the gap between when I leave and Bob arrives

Is anyone interested and available to be at the display for an hour or two on the morning of Tuesday Nov. 6th? The church is located less than half a mile from the Butler Valley exit on the turnpike.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

Maybe I can bring it. It’s a beast of a build. It has a motor on it, but it’s still set up to run off a battery pack. I think it would just need to have the motor plugged into an adapter.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Today is setup for the election day display at Hampton Presbyterian Church. Bob and I will be there no later than 1:00. So @skippermike, if you can bring the roller coaster and anything else you want to display this afternoon, that would be great. Can the coaster still be hand-cranked or does the motor prohibit that?

With Tom’s guitars, the rocking library and perhaps Bob’s keyboard we can reconstruct a respectable chunk of our summer library display.

There will still be plenty of room if anyone else wants to add to the display.

Bob Grier
    Participant

In case anyone is interested in contributing, the address is:

Hampton Presbyterian Church
    2942 East Hardies Rd.
    Gibsonia, PA 15044

It’s just north of the Turnpike interchange at Route 8.

And . . . my cell is 724-841-6085 if you need to get ahold of us.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

After many hours, with the help of our wives, we got a rather nice display setup. I’ll be going back tonight at 7. It would be good to have some photos to put on social media ahead of tomorrow’s event.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

Will anyone be there today after 4:30? I can run over and get some pictures.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

People will be at the church, if the room is locked, the secretary can let you in. I will get there about 7 tonight to finish up.

Bob Grier
    Participant

The signs are all printed. I’ll be there around 7 tonight to put them out and to take pictures.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I wasn’t able to get in to take any pictures. I think I passed the staff as I was pulling in. Bob, if you can send me a picture or two I can get them up on the Instagram.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Here are some pics from the Election Day display.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmvccSE1

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I can make a post on craigslist with some of the photos. Can someone link these photos to the LUG facebook page and the LUG flickr stream?

Tim

Here are some pics

Wow, that is a really great display! Kudos to everyone involved. Hopefully, the Church gets some nice donations from this.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I’ve had something else come up after work and won’t be able to get to pickup until around 7. I suspect that you’ll still be there at that time.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Here are some pics from the Election Day display.

Really great! Good job!

Bob Grier
    Participant

I’ve had something else come up after work and won’t be able to get to pickup until around 7. I suspect that you’ll still be there at that time.

I suspect you’re right. We’ll leave the light on for ya!!

Bob Grier
    Participant

Mike, we finished up earlier than expected (and Greg decided not to try to take all of his stuff tonight). The pastor said that there are meetings at the church tonight at 7 pm, so the front door should be unlocked. I left the door to the conference room propped open so you can get in there to get your stuff. If you need help (like with the doors) to get your roller coaster out, give me a call (724-841-6085). I’m less than 5 min. away.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I hope I didn’t miss anyone, but participation for the Election Day Display event was

Display credit: Incline Bob & Walter, Guitar Tom, Jungle Cruise Skipper Mike and Winter Greg

Shifts:
    Greg – 5
    Bob – 4
    Mike – 1

We did not raise much cash for the church, but we got to speak with a lot of people and Bob got to meet Mr. Rogers teenage grandson who enjoyed the Land of Make Believe display! There might have been two thousand people voting, but probably only 10 percent of them came through over the 13 hours that the polls were open. Several parents voted in the morning and then came back with their kids to see the display in the afternoon. Finally, the kids from the preschool came to see it with their teachers / classes today. 🙂

Zach Bauer
    Participant

Nice work with the display guys! You all are killing it with the Pittsburgh themed MOCs.

P.S. Hope to meet the talented people on here I don’t know someday 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The LUG was mentioned in an article in the Hampton local paper about our election day show. It includes a picture of the incline, unfortunately the article credits me with building the incline … even after Bob made cards with the builders’ names on them. 😛 Fake news!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Skipper Mike
    Participant

Hey! My name done made the paper!

Dan
    Participant

Cool! That’s a nice article!

Dan
    Participant

Here’s a link to the latest edition of the paper (PDF) for those interested: http://www.thehamptonnews.net/images/December_2018_Hampton_News.pdf

Bob Grier
    Participant

Nice “LUGvertizing”!! We need more of this kind of stuff, especially in local community papers like this!!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar