FV Ocean Challenger

Home Forums MOCs FV Ocean Challenger

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Austin Brodzinski
    Participant

This is my crab boat I built in 2013, inspired by the Discovery Channel’s “Deadliest Catch” TV show.

Long story short, I built this in 2013 with basic bricks and plates from my collection. Took about 2 hours to design and build. I’ve rebuilt it a total of 15 times, this last time bringing it back to its as-built looks. I plan to keep it that way.

It is 37 studs long, roughly 10 studs wide, and weighs about 1 1/2 pounds. Down below I have some pictures, but on my youtube channel (look up Austin Brodzinski and you should find me) I will be going more in depth in a video review pretty soon. Also, I have a secret project I’m working on that is similar…very similar, as a matter of fact! But it is big…..very big! Stay tuned….hehehe…

Anyway hope you enjoyed! If you want to see more pictures, email me at austinbrodzinski2001@gmail.com! Thanks for checking out this awesome build! Stay tuned for updates on my secret project! I’ll reveal what it is on May 1st!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Good stuff!

(And I cleaned up your little mess, too… 😉 )

Austin Brodzinski
    Participant

Thanks!

(Thank you for that – it looked like it didn’t submit at first but then I submitted it again and I was like oh hey it submitted LOL)

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yeah, it happens. Sometimes the website just runs super slow, and can trick you like that…

Austin Brodzinski
    Participant

I feel ya – lots of stuff loads slow for me sometimes lol

Dan
    Participant

I loved that show and I love the boat! What’s the next build???

Austin Brodzinski
    Participant

Thanks, I love the show too! Will always be rooting for Sig Hansen and the Northwestern (although this might be his last season – he’s gonna be a grandpa!). I’ll be posting in the work in progress section (if there is one) later today with my latest build – the USCGC Tamaroa.

Austin Brodzinski
    Participant

Sir Dan Walker of the Block, check out my work in progress post on the USCGC Tamaroa. You asked what’s next – well here’s your answer! 🙂

USCGC Tamaroa (Work In Progress – Sneak Preview)

Paula
    Participant

Sig is my favorite too! I have his coffee!
    I have autographs from some of the captians, as well! Your crabby boat is awesome!

Austin Brodzinski
    Participant

Yea Sig’s a great guy!

Nice!

Thanks! Man I’m glad I took it off the shelf and dusted it off to get pictures for Steel City LUG – when I am officially an adult (I’m 15 1/2 now 😛 ) I’ll display this and other creations at the main events!

P.S. – Also, I’d like to maybe put up a vote for a more permanent Steel City LUG train layout – do I have the power right now to put a vote up for that? If I do how should I do it?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Also, I’d like to maybe put up a vote for a more permanent Steel City LUG train layout – do I have the power right now to put a vote up for that? If I do how should I do it?

Depends. What do you mean by “more permanent train layout”…? Are you going to provide space for this layout? 😀

Austin Brodzinski
    Participant

By that I’m meaning something like a layout for Steel City LUG that could be taken to spaces to display – kind of like PennLUG’s situation. A permanent layout might happen eventually though! Wish I could do more to help with providing a space but sadly I can’t

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

OK, well… that’s probably a topic to discuss with the train folks, try to gauge whether they’re interested. Thus far, we’ve leaned more towards having the ability to set up a different configuration for each display – achieved by building some track baseplates to a standard, then assembling to suit each layout – rather than having the same layout for every event. PennLUG is awesome, but their style is very particular and high effort to pull off. We take pages from their book (the custom tables, for example) but seem to trend toward flexibility in the content of our displays…

Austin Brodzinski
    Participant

Yea that would work – I’m sure some members have the buildings, I can build some of the trains (I’m a train nut LOL), and hopefully we could have enough space someday to have grand curves! Do you know which members I can contact for train layout plans?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

@timf, @laura, @bengood921 tend to be some of our bigger train / track suppliers…

Austin Brodzinski
    Participant

Gotcha – I’ll post on here somewhere calling all train fans of Steel City LUG to discuss a possibility for a layout – I might not be an adult yet, but I’ll try my best to help!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar