Hello all! Out of the "Dark Age"

Home Forums Introductions Hello all! Out of the "Dark Age"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jake Savage
    Participant

I had been pretty inactive as far as the Lego community goes for about a year or more, and while I was not out of Lego really, I had not been posting, interacting or anything else. Recently I have decided to get more involved and I hope I can make my fresh start here! Thanks for having me 🙂

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Welcome to the light, Jake! You picked a great time – we’re gearing up for Philly Brick Fest and the Ligonier Valley RR display here at the end of April, and a lot more for the summer! So there are plenty of opportunities to jump in and have some fun with us.

Whether you want to build some MOCs of your own for display (anything goes for PBF; the focus for LVRR will be train / monorail, but we can add some fun non sequiturs to that as well); or contribute to some group builds (we’re re-creating some Burgh-related paintings in LEGO mosaic form for the Westmoreland Museum of Art (July)- need a lot of man-hours assembling); or just show up and hang out and help staff our tables at some of the events…

The next two Saturdays are opportunities to meet some of us, if you’re free. On 3/29, we’re going to scout the WMA and LVRR sites, and on 4/5 we’re holding a business meeting / build day. Show up if you can!

Hopefully that’s not an overwhelming post – just wanted to direct you to some of the big things going on – and I didn’t even mention the Cranberry Library summer reading display (June-Aug) / Cranberry days (August). There are a lot of threads, and trying to back read can be daunting, but if you want to get started right away, PBF and LVRR are priority #1 at the moment, given that we have only a month to prepare for them. So let us know what you like to do, and hopefully we’ll see you real soon!

Josh
    Keymaster

what matt said, except cranberry days is in july. check the calendar. http://www.steelcitylug.com/calendar/ and the handbook. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYA6DLvtXI5zYvRX_eNlz6XePRZHqJLhdWkwUh28Jvg

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

except cranberry days is in july

Oops.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar