Hi from North Side

Home Forums Introductions Hi from North Side

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

Just wanted to say it was really nice to meet some of you during BrickFest. The display looked great. Looking forward to meeting you all again soon.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@kn112 Here is a Space monorail that is local: https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/tag/5040050821.html

I just saw it now, but its been on craigslist for seven days.

Krista K

@greg Thanks for the heads up! I was able to get in contact with him and I’m going to go check it out this week. Fingers crossed the unicorn’s coming home! 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I don’t know if it is a competitive price, but you should pay less for something on craigslist than on
    bricklink or eBay. Dan Walker might be able to help you with that, but if it is a really good price its better not to tell him … he’s becoming the Ma Bell of monorails.

Krista K

@greg It definitely was on the high side. I negotiated him down closer to the Brick picker listing for used. However, he has a few more sets he’s looking to unload, so if there’s something good I’m hoping to work out a deal.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yikes, monorail prices are going the way of gas prices… over the past few years, I think it’s fair to say a monorail set’s value should be treated like a gallon of gas’ (i.e. – we’re happy – sort of – if a gallon costs close to $2.00; happy if a complete monorail set is near $200; but not happy if it creeps closer to $3.00 / $300). But since last fall’s holiday season, they crept up and haven’t come down – right, @randomdan? Usually, seems like the spike in asking prices around Christmas is only temporary, but not this time.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I don’t know if it is a competitive price, but you should pay less for something on craigslist than on
    bricklink or eBay. Dan Walker might be able to help you with that, but if it is a really good price its better not to tell him … he’s becoming the Ma Bell of monorails.

“Ma Bell” is a now outdated term…

Greg, you make me smile.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

“Ma Bell” is a now outdated term…

I have been working on a final exam al this weekend. In that vein, I offer this question:

Which has the best ring to it?
    A. the Google of monorails
    B. the Monsanto of monorails
    C. the UPMC of monorails
    D. the LEGO of monorails
    E. the Ma Bell of monorails

Matt, you probably think this song is outdated too, but in reality it is one of my all-time favorites:

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Oh, Ma Bell sounds good; I just had to refresh my memory as to what it meant, exactly. And I’m at or above the median member age of our group, I think…

UPMC is too regional – people from outside PGH won’t know what you mean. I think Google is fitting, seeing as they’re omnipotent and omnipresent, yet use their powers mostly for good (well, for good and for making advertising dollars.)

I can’t say I’m all that familiar with Chicago’s catalog (don’t think I’ve ever heard that one before), but I respect them, and other classical music like such as The Beatles, Johnny Cash, and Cyndi Lauper.

Krista K

I obtained my unicorn and a few others as well! Thanks for keeping an eye out for me. 🙂

Dan
    Participant

@philmatt24 monorail prices have not come back down 🙁

Fortunately I have a small supply I can pull from when I need 😀

DonMegah
    Participant

Hello Welcome to the forum.

Josh
    Keymaster

reboot a thread from the dead!

You coming out to brickfest live this weekend, Krista?

Krista K

Nothing ever really dies on the Internet. 🙂

Yes, we will be there for part of the weekend. My husband and I were just talking about what we’re bringing with us to load in tomorrow and are planning to be there on Sunday for a little while. I’ll make sure I come over and introduce myself in person.

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar