How’s Hannah? (MOC thread/update!)

Home Forums MOCs How’s Hannah? (MOC thread/update!)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hannah Dow
    Participant

Wowwww can’t believe it’s been nearly 5 years since my last SCLUG event! Curious what I’ve been up to? This is for you 🙂 and also because @timf called me out lol love it!

I moved to Ohio back in 2017 for a position at Honda where I still work within the Engineering Process group with a focus on BEV innovation (yea yea, better late than never lol). It took me a year or so to connect with their local lug, OhioLUG. it is quite different than SCLUG and I really miss doing staffed shows with you all! OhioLUG is more of a “sit it and forget it for months” type. I was elected VP mid-2020 so that’s been a good challenge to coordinate various displays around the area.

Let’s see…I got married and we adopted a covid puppy – she just turned 2. She has never chewed/eaten any Lego so that’s been a relief. We also bought a house mid-2019 so most of our free time has been spent updating the house – so we’ve done a lot of projects in the last 2 years haha

As for Lego projects, I’ve had a few good ones recently! I made this mountain and inside it is a pirate theme mini golf hole. This was a part of a collaborative golf course the LUG did, but I hope to make my own 9 hole course one day thats all pirate themed. My biggest project to date though is my very own custom hogwarts castle. I absolutely loved @rcgrier3406 ’s castle and I was excited to create my own version. Mine’s much smaller than his, but maybe one day it’ll get there. After transporting mine just once so far, I have mad respect for Bob haha I have no idea how you were able to move yours!! I attached a pic but here’s a video to see the whole HP world with other members’ contributing items.

I have to admit, I still check these forums fairly often because our LAN ambassador is truly awful at communicating anything to OhioLUG so its been nice to see updates via here for sure, so thanks for that! I’m loving all the activity on facebook and instagram, looks like you’re all up to great things. If anyone ever visits Columbus totally hit me up, would love to catch up. I miss the SCLUG fam ☺️

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Wowwww can’t believe it’s been nearly 5 years since my last SCLUG event! Curious what I’ve been up to? This is for you

YESSSSSS been waiting for this one! #WhereAreTheyNow (let’s make a YouTube series on LUG members who’ve moved away!!) #HannahIsTheNewDoug @dc221803 #WhatAboutNick @solscud007

Pirate mini golf is great!

I mean… it’s on par with Ninja mini golf, or space mini golf… maybe not quite up there with #GlowZone mini golf, tho.

I made this mountain

@pete keep your mouth shut, or so help me… #beatingadeadhorse #tunnelswithcurves #itsnotmyfaultthattrainswheelbaseislongerthantheHorizonExpress

If anyone ever visits Columbus totally hit me up, would love to catch up.

Great idea – nonzero chance the wife and I will come to Cbus this fall, maybe do the LEGO Disco Zone…

Great to hear from you! Now you can post all your updates, like Ben and Greg and Rich and others. Maybe just keep your updates slightly more concise than some of theirs… 😛

Tim

My biggest project to date though is my very own custom hogwarts castle.

Looks awesome! But beware; it appears that some Muggles may have gotten into Hogwarts!

Great to hear from you. Glad you and your spouse are doing well (congrats on the puppy and the house). Please keep us updated on any new projects. 🙂

Also, is that a Stargate on the beach in front?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Tim.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

Awesome projects!

it is a pirate theme mini golf hole.

Jonah and I have totally been talking about building a mini golf course! That’s a great idea for a collaborative project.

David Bacon
    Participant

Thanks for updating us Hannah! Great to hear from you.

Will McDine
    Participant

Glad to hear you are doing well! I’ve been trying to keep up with so many things on facebook but that is not exactly the easiest. Your builds look great as always, and I follow your lug on social media so I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Great projects, we can be very proud of our former member!

here’s a video

please include in your next reply 🙂

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Thanks all! and like Will mentioned, feel free to follow/friend me if we’re not already connected 🙂 @Ohiolug on instagram too is the main updates for my lug now

please include in your next reply

whoops! here that link 🙂

@pete keep your mouth shut, or so help me… #beatingadeadhorse #tunnelswithcurves #itsnotmyfaultthattrainswheelbaseislongerthantheHorizonExpress

LMAO Matt – not gonna lie, I was going to say something about my tunnel building skills but I think it’s much easier when not dealing with trains

Also, is that a Stargate on the beach in front?

it might be? the whole display is a mix of different worlds so members were tasked with how to transport to/from. I just put water/boats around mine but looks like Steve went a bit more futuristic in his Egyptian area lol

But beware; it appears that some Muggles may have gotten into Hogwarts!

ugh Tim you have no idea! Again, since the whole display is a mix of different worlds, we had to include minifigs from all of them (space/egypt/city/super hero/lord of the rings) but I just couldn’t do it haha I gave someone else the bag of minifigs and asked them to decorate it with the muggles :p

I attached a video of the back too (the link above is the front) – here you’ll see someone set up some orks scaling the great hall

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Great video. I love how you also built the classroom wing and the greenhouses. I was wondering if Lego is going to come out with an expansion set to the microscale Hogwarts adding on this other half of the castle.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar