LEGO Heinz Chapel !!!

Home Forums MOCs LEGO Heinz Chapel !!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

What the heck, did anyone else know about this Nov 2013 Post gazette article?

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2013/11/21/A-MODEL-BUILDING/stories/201311210275

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Very good model by Jason. I like the use of the 2×2 turntable bases for detailing (and the 4×4 technic wheel above the tall windows). I did not see this article.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

On this site, http://www.heinzchapel.pitt.edu/ , I found this info:

CONGRATULATIONS to CLAUDE MAUK, the winner of our Heinz Chapel Lego replica!

Maybe Susie can send him an invitation to join the LUG … unless a certain LEGO museum has purchased it from him already.

Josh
    Keymaster

I remember this article. illegal techniques, especially those requiring a connection through glue alone, are pretty obvious…I thought I remember seeing something cut as well…don’t see it just yet.

That name, Claude Mauk, was very familiar to me. I thought he was a member. Then, I checked my email – he sent me an email in september 2014 asking for the cathedral instructions. He said one of his students told him about it and he has an @pitt.edu email, so I assume a professor.

Susie is at CMU, fyi.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yeah, I remember seeing it, too. Guess Josh and I were feeling selfish and didn’t share with yinz at the time. Lo siento.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Susie can send him an invitation to join the LUG

I was thinking that Susie was our outreach coordinator .. or did I just make that up?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I was thinking that Susie was our outreach coordinator .. or did I just make that up?

I think I volunteered to head up some kind of PR committee thingie last summer and I never did anything about it. Whoopsie.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar