LEGO Sales, Profit Rise, Boosted by Movie, Girls

Home Forums All Things LEGO! LEGO Sales, Profit Rise, Boosted by Movie, Girls

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rich Millich
    Participant

Article in the Wall Street Journal today marking LEGO’s increasing market share, profits, and more importantly, insight into existing product lines and expansion plans.

Thoughts?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/lego-reports-2014-profit-growth-1424857331

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Girls sets might be overproduced. When I was walking through TARGET recently, I saw SO many of the Disney Princess LEGO sets filling the shelves I thought there is no WAY they are going to sell all those (without discounting them) by summer when the next set turnover happens. I could be wrong … time will tell.

Kevin
    Participant

I have a daughter and so far she has 3 princess sets, and 4 friends sets. I dont think the girls sets will be overproduced. I think there are many girls who will love those sets and I predict good growth in that area for Lego.

The Lego Movie has helped the company grow more in sales. I mean the entire movie was like a gigantic commercial for Lego haha.

I bought the Dragon Mountain set when it was on sale for $30, and my daughter took the dragon right off the bat and she loves that thing haha.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I don’t know how it’ll be in 2015 but I’ve hardly ever seen Friends sets on clearance, so that suggests to me that they’re moving them. I certainly don’t see them on clearance the way I’ve seen Ninjago, Chima, Hobbit, Galaxy Squad, and Lone Ranger in recent years. Also, the Lego Movie must’ve boosted sales, 2014 was easily the worst year for clearance deals I’ve experienced since I started buying heavily ten years ago.

Kevin
    Participant

Ben, your right usually the crappy sets go on clearance more often then any of the other sets. I hardly ever see Star Wars on clearance.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Ben, your right usually the crappy sets go on clearance more often then any of the other sets.

You said that, not me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar