new forum – events

Home Forums Site Admin new forum – events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

@lunch36 threw out a suggestion to create a private sub-forum from the private “contributing members” only forum that would contain only our active events. This will help keep track of events in general, especially for pab credit purposes, but also be able to have a clear vision of what we’ve done, what’s currently going on, and what’s happening in the future, for members that want to jump in.

I post this to announce it, but also as notification that you’ll need to subscribe to it if you want notifications on new threads.

http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/bbforum/lug-discussions/contributing-member-discussions/events/

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Josh.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

This will help keep track of events in general, especially for pab credit purposes, but also be able to have a clear vision of what we’ve done, what’s currently going on, and what’s happening in the future, for members that want to jump in.

Does a calendar serve this purpose?

Josh
    Keymaster

Only if it would link to the discussion forums.

David H Donley
    Participant

Whomever tought up this idea is a freeking genious.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Whomever tought up this idea is a freeking genious.

I second that emotion.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

create a private sub-forum from the private “contributing members” only forum that would contain only our active events. This will help keep track of events in general, especially for pab credit purposes, but also be able to have a clear vision of what we’ve done, what’s currently going on, and what’s happening in the future, for members that want to jump in.

So, just to be clear:

1) Once events are over, are they being moved to a different location? (you said “only our active events”…)
    a) Or would that be “events this calendar year” so we can look back and compile data?

2) The sub-header on the Private: Contributing Member page reads “A place for only active and the archived events”, which doesn’t exactly clear up which events will be housed there.

3) The Steel City LUG Handbook thread is in here, for some reason… error?

4) So any new events (or potential events) should be put on new threads within this sub-folder, yes? And at some point, moderators will clean up the sub-folder so only the ones deemed “active” remain visible? Would an “Old Events” sub-folder also make sense, then?

I ask questions because I care. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar