New Member- South Park

Home Forums Introductions New Member- South Park

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Neil Tannyan
    Participant

Hi I’m a new member in South Park. I build custom modulars and fire trucks. I’m originally from Canada. I’m always looking for new modular ideas. I’m also a volunteer FF.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Hey, Neil!

@willmcdine
    is our incumbent/resident fireman/EMT guy. You guys might have to fight to the death… #therecanbeonlyone! 😉

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Cool stuff! Glad you decided to join 😀

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Hi Neil, I saw how you converted the tower bridge into a modular that was cool. We LEGO junkies would like to see more of what you’ve built. Also, please consider attending Brickfair in Virginia this August – there will be a few LUG members attending. 🙂

Neil Tannyan
    Participant

Do you know the dates for the Brickfair in Virginia? I’ve got a number of custom modulars in my city, I’ve just bought an extra Ghostbusters HQ to convert to a Custom Modular… It might be easier to have a few people over who would like to see my Buildings because the City is a bit to big to move.. Neil

Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2016 8:47 AM
    To: Tannyan, Neil
    Subject: New reply in topic New Member- South Park

Greg Schubert wrote:

Hi Neil, I saw how you converted the tower bridge into a modular that was cool. We LEGO junkies would like to see more of what you’ve built. Also, please consider attending Brickfair in Virginia this August – there will be a few LUG members attending. 🙂

Tim

Do you know the dates for the Brickfair in Virginia? I’ve got a number of custom modulars in my city, I’ve just bought an extra Ghostbusters HQ to convert to a Custom Modular… It might be easier to have a few people over who would like to see my Buildings because the City is a bit to big to move.. Neil

BFVA is August 3-7 this year. Moving MOCs is always an interesting conundrum. I always try to design my MOCs extra durable and modular so they can be broken down, transported, and re-setup fairly easily. It definitely adds to the engineering portion of MOCing and can be frustrating at times, especially when a particular MOC calls for a delicate solution (as we all know, delicate = a disaster to try to move). However, over-engineering is better than opening a box full of parts at a convention or meeting.

Anyways, welcome to the group. I look forward to meeting you soon.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

It might be easier to have a few people over who would like to see my Buildings because the City is a bit to big to move.. Neil

I was thinking more along the lines of you adding photos to this thread or to the LUG Flickr album.

For Brickfair VA we have a LUG display plan in the works. Two people are working independently on a mechanism for a Pittsburgh-style incline. I don’t know if either Hannah or Walter intend to create the buildings for the incline. Is that a project that would interest you? Even if you created a plan in LEGO Digital Designer that would be helpful.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Neil Tannyan
    Participant

I have a Flickr album although it need a bit of updating, i’ll try to get some better pics.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124600504@N05/

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I don’t know if either Hannah or Walter intend to create the buildings for the incline. Is that a project that would interest you?

Neil, Walter is planning to build the bottom incline building, do you have an interest in creating or just designing the top building for the Duquesne Incline?

Neil Tannyan
    Participant

I guess it depends on timing and how busy I am… I’m finishing some fire department training courses and have been travelling a lot for work lately. I’m not sure how to use the designing program, everything I’ve built has been done on the fly.

Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 5:47 PM

Greg Schubert wrote:

I don’t know if either Hannah or Walter intend to create the buildings for the incline. Is that a project that would interest you?

Neil, Walter is planning to build the bottom incline building, do you have an interest in creating or just designing the top building for the Duquesne Incline?

Will McDine
    Participant

Looks Like I have a Little bit of Competition. Welcome Brother.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Neil, I saw your school on eBay. It reminded me of this school in Southwest Harbor Maine that I also thought would be fun to build out of LEGO. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Neil Tannyan
    Participant

Was one of my older buildings… I’ll probably build a much better one shortly… Cheers!

Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 7:02 AM

Greg Schubert wrote:

Neil, I saw your school on eBay. It reminded me of this school in Southwest Harbor Maine that I also thought would be fun to build out of LEGO. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar