Philly Brick Fest April 2014

Home Forums LUG discussions Philly Brick Fest April 2014

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Matt, your pic is on the interwebs:

Philly Brick Fest 2014 The Rocky Awards Ceremony

Tim

Awesome, Matt won a Rocky Award! Of course, we all want to know in what category. You can cut the suspense with a knife! Do tell!

Josh
    Keymaster

he got one for being him : http://www.thebrickfan.com/philly-brick-fest-2014-the-rocky-awards-aka-rockys/

so, hope everything got torn down and packed up ok!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

We had tons of fun thinking through logistics as to whose stuff needed to go in which car (Julia’s, Nick’s, and mine), which stuff needed to be returned to the owners for additional work, etc – and then playing trunk Tetris to make it actually happen!

We’ll see if our logical decisions turn out to work as well as we thought they would…

And that Rocky award is for ALL of us. Well, the ones who came / contributed, anyway…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

trunk Tetris

Great description!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I did another search. I don’t know who colin.a.foley is but he took a lot of pics this weekend. He must’ve liked Josh’s minifig display:

IMG_7654a

In some quick scrolling I also saw Doug’s blue tower and multiple monorail pics, so I’m about to go through more carefully and see what else I find.

Josh
    Keymaster

nice.

anyone who went, I plan on displaying the center brick in the brick badge in my regular badge. Looks fine.

For those that didnt see one, they had the philly brickfest bell logo span all 3 bricks, but “Philly Brickfest Steel City LUG” fits fine on just the middle one.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Also, for those of you not aware, that Evan kid posted 184 Philly Brickfest pics to flickr, so he’s my new hero now:

Philly Brick Fest 2014

Nick Chen
    Participant

Here is my album.

Khazad-dûm

David H Donley
    Participant

Excellent pictures, thanks guys.

Josh
    Keymaster

more pictures were posted by pennlug

Greg Schubert
    Participant

more pictures were posted by pennlug
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/rgb/sets/72157644560668093/

Wow, Penn LUG had an impressive display … good enough to make traditional model railroaders jealous! So many scenes that were realistically detailed, not just crammed full of parts colorful.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Amateurs. We can totally top those guys.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Amateurs. We can totally top those guys.

It’s a catch-22, though – if we all quit our jobs, we’d have the time (we obviously already have the talent) to top PennLUG… but we’d no longer have the funds for the bricks… O_o

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Is the Philly Brickfest in Pittsburgh still on the drawing board? Are they looking for a venue? Are they leaning towards Monroeville?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I e-mailed Chad a few days ago, and here was his reply:

“PBF Part Deux is Sept 12-14th, then we are in Maryland Sept 19-21. I’ve been looking into Pitt, but a lot of the good dates are full. Will def try for 2015 though.”

So we may not get Brick Fest Live (the name for when it’s not in Philly) this year, but it’s still a possibility. I personally can’t go to PBF in September as I have plans that weekend, but *might* consider the Maryland one…

Incidentally, was anyone thinking about Brick Fair this August?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

PBF Part Deux is Sept 12-14th,

Groupon for Philly Brickfest (near Allentown & Reading):
    http://www.groupon.com/deals/brick-fest-live-lego-fan-festival-7?

Josh
    Keymaster

from the looks of it, that september date is just the brickfest live format (much like a kidsfest) rather than an adult fan convention.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Incidentally, was anyone thinking about Brick Fair this August?

Thinking about it? Yes. Making definite plans to go? So far, no, but I’ve got a free place to stay if I go, I’d even be happy as an attendee rather than as an exhibitor.

Registration for AFOL’s gets more expensive and there is an upper limit of how many people they will take; also, the longer one waits to register, the fewer chances there are to sign up for events like drunken speed build etc.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Registration for AFOL’s gets more expensive and there is an upper limit of how many people they will take; also, the longer one waits to register, the fewer chances there are to sign up for events like drunken speed build etc.

Bummer. I’m still trying to figure out if/when I can take vacation in July, let alone worrying about August… so I’m not ready to commit to BrickFair… oh, well… we’ll see.

Josh
    Keymaster

Didn’t know about this beyond the brick interview with chad at the event:

Pretty sure that’s matt at the 2:30 mark in the background, and then Chad highlights my Batman build near the end too.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Definitely me. Nobody else could rock the Wyldstyle bag like dat.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I was looking at flickr pics and I happened across this one, I don’t know if anybody’s seen it yet:

IMG_2844.jpg

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I happened across a 28-photo album of nothing but Steel City LUG stuff at PBF14:

PBF_2014_201

Tim

Nice walk through memory lane. Thanks, Ben.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar