Potential big lot of Minifgs to buy

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! Potential big lot of Minifgs to buy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hannah Dow
    Participant

Hello! So I’ve got a friend who wants to sell all of his Lego stuff. He’s mostly already gotten rid of the brick, but now he came to me with ~150 minifigs and he’d like me to buy the lot. My question for you guys is 1) how much would I offer for what he has? (Ideally I’d post most of them to bricklink to re-sell). 2) anyone see anything they’d be interested in buying? Alternatively, if someone wants all of it I could pick them up for you too.

I’m just not sure what I should say I’m willing to spend on it because there are a handful of minfigs that would get a good price on BL.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

my rule of thumb is $2 for a “standard” theme fig, and $4 for a licensed fig or CMF. prices vary widely, but figs don’t sell as well as you’d think on bricklink.

Tom Frost
    Participant

I’d be interested in the space-y minifigs around that price if you end up getting them.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

my rule of thumb is $2 for a “standard” theme fig, and $4 for a licensed fig or CMF. prices vary widely, but figs don’t sell as well as you’d think on bricklink.

Yeah, I’d agree with that – definitely YMMV with a big random mixed lot like this, there are a few licensed ones that’d possibly be worth more, but you’d have to look each one up. And yeah, figs don’t always move quickly – I still have CMFs from Series 9-11 lying around that never sold… and those are in new condition. This stuff is all used.

PS – those are the wrong colors of Classic Spacemen to be worth $$ (Black and to a lesser degree Blue are more rare…)

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Unless you want to have a variety of random minifigs, or you feel compelled to help the seller, I would not pay more than $100 for all of them.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Greg’s point is valid. The prices Josh quoted are similar to what might be seen on BL for figs like this, but if you want to actually make your money back any time soon, offer low for sure. Figure if you spend $100 on the lot, list all the figs below average current listing price*, you’d have to sell at least 25 figs @ ~$4 or 50 figs @ ~$2 to break even. What are the odds people will be looking for that many of these figs…?

Not trying to be discouraging, just a realist. 😀

* – incidentally, it’ll take a good bit of time to find each fig on BL and list them… to say nothing of whether these figs are “complete” and match figs that are on BL. I don’t even wanna think about selling them as component parts, but it might actually be easier that way…

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Thanks for the input everyone! I did get him to sell them to me for $100 so not terrible. I’ve already got someone buying all the star wars ones and Tom, you interested in the space ones? I’ll probably bring the rest to Q3 (the ones I don’t keep myself) and see if anyone wants to buy any of ’em 🙂 I’d rather offer them to members first before listing them on Bricklink.

Tom Frost
    Participant

@hannah133 I would also like these guys if possible, sent message, thanks 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar