Pybricks (and other good uses for Powered Up)

Home Forums MOCs Pybricks (and other good uses for Powered Up)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Phil Breneman
    Participant

Pybricks is a nice option to use Powered Up components in MOCs. A good introduction to it is on Brickset, although Pybricks has updated the firmware so that some of the things discussed in the article are out of date.

John S
    Participant

This was previously shared on another thread, but thought the example that I based my trolley on would be good to leave here.

Josh
    Keymaster

https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/build-hat/

I suppose this is still purist too.

John S
    Participant

Next train layout system?

Phil Breneman
    Participant

John, definitely looks like it would be worth a try! I like that it uses all LEGO parts. Driving it with a laptop or computer isn’t as ideal as storing everything on the hub, but it seems like it would be worth it since it would yield such a dynamic layout.

Josh
    Keymaster
    Josh
    Keymaster

apparently I posted what John already posted because John is ama-singer than me. see what I did there?

Phil Breneman
    Participant

I was playing around a bit with the pybricks hub-to-hub communication (described here). It is an experimental feature but worked ok for me. I set up a short track with a section of yellow tiles. I ran a train on it with a color/distance sensor pointed down. I had the train hub briefly broadcast when it crossed the yellow tiles. A technic hub nearby then ran a motor for a short duration when it received the broadcast from the train. This could be used to automate things like crossing gates and switches. There are probably alternatives like putting a sensor next to the track to detect the train, but it was pretty neat to have two hubs coordinating.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar