September 15-22 art exhibition

Home Forums LUG discussions September 15-22 art exhibition

Viewing 19 posts - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Seemed like a good day! 80-someish people (Andrew can fill in the official count). Built a lot and had some kids and college kids get in on the action. BONUS: Rich gave some great advice on getting a bus seat back to Oakland from downtown: catch an inbound bus!

Josh
    Keymaster

All has gone well? Is the plan for everyone to be there Saturday for tear down?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Is the plan for everyone to be there Saturday for tear down?

As of last night’s closing, Andrew said they want us to be open next Sunday as well, but that he’s fine with a “rolling teardown”… he can give specifics, but I figured I’d show up early afternoon and see how it’s looking, and tear down my stuff at some point…

But yeah, it’s been going well, it seems. Lots of walk by => drop in traffic w/ parents taking kids to see Lion King @ the Benedum…

Dan
    Participant

@Andrew: could you provide us with the day-by-day attendance records too? It would be interesting to see the ebb and flow of the public.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Dan.
    Tim

I can come tomorrow (Wednesday) for the 11:00-3:00 pm shift (will probably need to leave around 2:15 or so). I’ll be bringing my four Pittsburgh buildings (U.S. Steel Towner, Gulf Tower, K&L Gates Center, and Frick Building) in case there is any room to include them for the rest of the show.

Tim

I went to the FT Gallery today and got to hang out with Andrew for a few hours, which was awesome. The displays are sweet. I went ahead and added my Pittsburgh buildings to Andrew’s train layout in the left front window. I also too a picture of the DIG window display and the Red vs. Blue battle. While I was there, about 15 people came in to browse. We could also hear a lot of people walking by and commenting (“Wow, that is cool!” “How neat!” etc.).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

Looking good! I’m planning on heading down tomorrow for a little (get there around 6 probably) and then most of the day Saturday.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

YOU GUYS. Do you think we can get the Cultural Trust to update their gallery crawl website to show The Play Station instead of that play?

http://crawl.trustarts.org/ (if you hover over / click on the Future Tenant pin on the map – at Penn & 9th – it still has The Dutchman…)

Rodney Bistline
    Participant

I too am hoping to make it into the city to see the display with my family. Looking forward to seeing everything!

Rich Millich
    Participant

I expect to make it in tonight around 7 or so.

Dan, I’m bringing 14 glow-in-the-dark 1 x 1 round plates and a couple of black plates for the station.

Rodney, I’m leaving a couple of big black rubber treads for you.

Andrew, I’m bringing the white intake assemblies and some assorted white parts for you to look through.

Josh, I’m bringing a packet of orange and a packet of dark blue parts to complete the trade with you for the parts you sent me for my base.

As for me, I’ll be needing some white 1 x 4 Technic bricks and a whole lot of dark bley 1 x bricks, any length. My NNoVVember Vic Viper is starting to come together, and my instincts were right: black-red-lime kicks ass.

Rich, do you also have those 2 figures we talked about?

Dan Efran
    Participant

As of last night’s closing, Andrew said they want us to be open next Sunday as well, but that he’s fine with a “rolling teardown”… he can give specifics

So are there specifics for a teardown plan?

Doug
    Participant

So are there specifics for a teardown plan?

The future tenant website says the Sunday night event is from 7-10 PM, but I need to take my dislays down before that, in the early afternoon if possible. Is that doable?

Tim

So what is the tear down schedule? Are we leaving it up through next Sunday or taking it down today?

Dan
    Participant

We’re taking it down today. Andrew is planning to be there from 11 to 8 to allow us to come and pack MOCs during that time.

Dan
    Participant

I want to thank Andrew for arraigning this awesome event! The public loved the display, the staff were friendly, and it seems we avoided any significant disasters (although I’ve heard rumor of a train derailment). We also now have some solid numbers to give TLG concerning turnout. I had a blast.

Thanks everyone!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I want to thank Andrew for arraigning this awesome event! The public loved the display, the staff were friendly, and it seems we avoided any significant disasters (although I’ve heard rumor of a train derailment). We also now have some solid numbers to give TLG concerning turnout. I had a blast.
    Thanks everyone!

Amen and amen. Nice work, Andrew, and everyone!

Tim

Hear, hear! That was a HUGE time commitment for Andrew over the past two weeks. It sounds like we got some great exposure (hopefully, a few more potential members will check us out). Plus, as Dan mentions, we now have solid numbers to give TLG (which is not even counting all of the people who passed by, took a look at the window displays, but did not come in).

Rich Millich
    Participant

I am very happy that I was able to trade some parts too. A long event like this has lots of time to do so.

Viewing 19 posts - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar