Steel City Con

Home Forums Off Topic Steel City Con

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

anyone know anything about this?  http://www.steelcitycon.com/  April 5-7th.

Some PennLUGgers are talking about coming out and getting a table to sell stuff.  I’ve never been, but I’ll just be getting into my house, so I’m out.  Greg, headquarters is in gibsonia…not that you know everyone there, just thinking you might know someone.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I have no idea who is running it.  It looks like a Toy Show.  I did not think these existed after online selling became prevalent.

Zemata
    Participant

Yeah it’s a toy show.  I’ve been there twice.  I’ve seen people with Lego at their dealer tables there. I don’t know about doing a display there though.    Perhaps everyone that’s interestred can bring some parts they’re looking to get rid of and we can bring some MOCs just for display at our table as well?  If it’s a weekend event I’d like to do that.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

For anyone who is going to Steel City Con, I am looking for a Ron Weasley with the swooped dark orange hair (no more than $10) for the DIG project.  It does not matter what he is wearing; flesh colored head (not yellow) and hands are desirable.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=hp123

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Ron Weasley with the swooped dark orange hair

Doh! Nevermind, I just “fished my wish” on eBay.  🙂

Paul Boratko
    Participant

I wish that I knew about this earlier.. I would love to do the entire weekend…

Paul Boratko
    Participant

I got my tax ID number today and got Two 6′ tables at the Steel City Con… Also got a 6′ banner made for my website with a QR code in it..

Josh
    Keymaster

Going legit! Nice! sales must be doing well for you. Are you just getting lined up for next year, or was there another date coming up that you’re gearing up for?

Paul Boratko
    Participant

Well you can’t get tables without a Pa tax ID number, so I had to apply for one.. It only took a day to get it… I have the show this weekend and then Steel City Con in 2 weeks… Depending on how the Greenburg show goes, I may do it again this winter… Definitely no more AFOL Lego shows though…

Tim

Well you can’t get tables without a Pa tax ID number, so I had to apply for one.

That’s interesting. I would have thought you could just use your SSN (assuming that you are operating as either a sole proprietorship or a single member LLC, both of which have pass through taxation). Of course if you are operating as a Chapter S corporation or some other entity (or need/want to file a separate tax return for other reasons), you would need a separate tax ID number. Or is this some strange wrinkle of PA tax law that requires a business of any sort to have a separate PA tax ID? Just curious.

Josh
    Keymaster

lol. tim, you just made my head asplode.

Tim

lol. tim, you just made my head asplode.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to go all lawyer on you like that. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar