Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 726 through 750 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I have bags of non-LEGO building parts including yellow construction vehicles, army green parts an antique building system, and other miscellaneous plastic items removed from tubs of parts that I bought. If anyone is interested in them, I will bring them to the Q3 meeting. I won’t judge. If no one is interested, the parts will go to the Goodwill.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

That dates back to #DigIntoReading, our… first? …yeah, first! …summer reading display at Cranberry. Have you seen those pix? @dc221803 helped me build Father Time in the cavern, with the Earthmen, Scrubb, Pole, and of course Puddleglum.

That was an impressive build. Probably one of your largest MOC’s, in addition to the collaborative effort with Josh on the Penguin jersey.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

In other areas, $330 is such a bargain!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Saw this on zillow … is someone in the LUG selling their home?

Attachments:
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Yeah, that’s where we hung out for Build Day at Walter’s House back in March, he told some of us on Saturday that he bought a house down the street and that they’re moving.

Dan
    Participant

Hopefully he’ll have a bigger Lego room!

RJ Thompson
    Participant

hi @philmatt24 and friends

I’m a ghost boo

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

Are you a glow-in-the-dark ghost?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

what

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Justin

Participant
    Hi guys
    Glad to be acquainted with you guys. I’m a MOC brick lego lover and I’m also looking for a famous store to place a lego according to my wishes. 

I am also looking forward to learning from you guys.

Thank you, have a nice day..!!

Justin there is an “Introductions” topic in the Forums that you might want to use.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I was at a Pat Catan’s that is going out of business and they had these stanchions on steroids for $5 each. (see photo below) These stanchions, with intervening plastic chains, could be a method of keeping the public at a reasonable distance from LUG displays, possibly eliminating the need for sneeze guards. I am not completely sold on the idea, but there may be venues in which this would be more favorable. These stanchion are big (maybe six feet tall?) and would take up a lot of transport space, but they might be suitable for displays with an extended presence (ex. the Trolley Museum.)

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

We could cut them off if they’re too tall. I like the idea, but don’t know where we’d store them.

Josh
    Keymaster

random thought:

I really like the part of the MOC convention displays of past themes which require aggregation of minifigs. seeing the blacktrown 2 display, or M-tron, etc…I can’t help but think that each fig has a story and a path of being produced, packaged, shipped, played with, and then reunited with its kind. I like that narrative.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

random thought:

I really like the part of the MOC convention displays of past themes which require aggregation of minifigs. seeing the blacktrown 2 display, or M-tron, etc…I can’t help but think that each fig has a story and a path of being produced, packaged, shipped, played with, and then reunited with its kind. I like that narrative.

NERD.

But actually, that’s pretty cool.

Unless they’re Exploriens. Then it’s just weird.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

blacktrown

Is this a modified Blacktron/Clown faction that someone came up with, along the lines of WhiteTron or PinkTron…?

Rich Millich
    Participant

random thought:

I too appreciate the sweeping parallelism and firm color blocking of a big Space display, whether Classic Space / Moon Base, BlackTron, and I believe M-Tron is the most popular of these outside the standards. In many cases, fans are doing a better job of managing the lines than TLG ever did, and that’s just right, even with the restrictions and standards placed within these building communities.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Rich Millich.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Big events are coming up, but I don’t have a working knowledge of when they are. The only date I somewhat aware of is the LEGO store display change on October 20th. Can anyone list any upcoming event dates to which the LUG is committed?

Dan
    Participant

We’re committed to Greenberg’s Toy & Train show November 9-10 (setup evening of the 8th).

Josh
    Keymaster

anyone have a few of the 2×3 plates with hole in them? I need a few to make necklaces for this weekend. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3176

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I sent an email to Bob, thinking that he might be able to get the parts to the South Hills today.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Dan
    Participant

I’ve got these readily available.

Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

I need red! Thanks, Greg! Bob showed me a pick of the bag and I see a bunch in there.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Good thing I didn’t use them up making trolley awards! 😉

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Are there still guidelines for cup credits? I thought it was one cup for displaying; whether it was the entire summer in Cranberry or one day in Ligonier, its one cup for displaying. Also I thought it was a half cup for setting up, tearing down or manning a four hour shift. Given these guidelines, if you setup, display and tear down, that is a total of 2 cups … or are we allowing LUG members to improvise?

Rich Millich
    Participant

@greg: Sounds about right. Going to Greensburg, both days, all day, and building and displaying for that event should net me 3 cups total. 4 shifts = 2 cups, displaying = 1.

It’s not about the cups for me though; I just wanted to support the Greensburg event because it’s a big one, I’ve never been to this one, Dan is providing me transport, and, most necessary of all, I have the energy and interest to try to make this fun for myself and others.

Viewing 25 posts - 726 through 750 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar