Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 776 through 800 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Hey @bengood921, would you rather live near half a dozen LEGO stores that are at least an hour away or only one that is 15 minutes away? I think we got lucky … eventually.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

One Lego store 15 minutes away is undoubtedly better, and yes we did.

The stores are all essentially the same except for the PaB wall, and even those, despite the whole ‘different stores are supplied from different warehouses and therefore have different parts available’ thing, have been very similar to each other for years. This year at both Tyson’s Corner and Woodfield Mall, I have bought almost nothing because the parts they have are all things that are or have been on the Pittsburgh wall.

So having another store wouldn’t gain us much, if anything. The only benefit would be if they put one south of the city, so the people there wouldn’t have to drive the whole way to Ross Park Mall. For me, every time I hear they have a part I want, I can drive right over.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Happy Thanksgiving SC LUG! This year I am thankful for the PaB wall only 15 minutes away as Greg and Ben have pointed out….oh, and for my friends and family! 🙂

I hope you all have a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

One Lego store 15 minutes away is undoubtedly better, and yes we did.

The stores are all essentially the same except for the PaB wall, and even those, despite the whole ‘different stores are supplied from different warehouses and therefore have different parts available’ thing, have been very similar to each other for years. This year at both Tyson’s Corner and Woodfield Mall, I have bought almost nothing because the parts they have are all things that are or have been on the Pittsburgh wall.

So having another store wouldn’t gain us much, if anything. The only benefit would be if they put one south of the city, so the people there wouldn’t have to drive the whole way to Ross Park Mall. For me, every time I hear they have a part I want, I can drive right over.

Unless you live in Florida or Cali near Disney Springs…then the wall is 10X the bigger. And in Florida, you can build a custom printed minifigure.

Otherwise, I agree…Ross Park has all you need!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Rich Millich
    Participant

That Parisian Cafe is super dense with elegant architectural details and style. And here I am slowly fumbling along building a literally cheesy City Pizza modular.

I can take my time with this, as @digivolution is building me a Gyruss cabinet, and I’m going to commission a Black Knight 2000 pinball machine from him too eventually, as two of the pinnacles of my coin-op gaming youth. I’m shooting for a 1985-1995 feel. This building will be very yellow, with a second story at least. Long term plan.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

So apparently it really is possible to build one of these things *and* get it out of your basement for public display:

PFOTSetup5

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, I will build the Quatro tree.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@bengood921, did you notice what else they had?

PFoT2

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I just learned from a student that there is a thing called “Minefaire.” I would not have cared much except for the image that I saw of it

https://www.chron.com/life/article/Constructing-a-world-for-Minecraft-lovers-at-11150787.php

and that it is coming to Pittsburgh in June.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/minefaire-an-official-minecraft-community-event-pittsburgh-pa-tickets-78023776215

The ticket prices are outrageous!

Josh
    Keymaster

Yeah, I believe chad Collins switched gears from brickfest events to that.

Josh
    Keymaster

In case you missed it, build day with @skippermike at my house this Sunday at 2:30 for the New Years build. http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/email-pgh-first-night-2020/

Josh
    Keymaster

I’m disappointed with this axe from the advent calendar. LEGO characters are t “real” people, and they don’t need more realistic items.

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

I think it’s nice they’ve provided a wide variety of parts. While I prefer the old axes, there are plenty of builders who could use this for a more convincing vignette.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

or a more convincing vignette

the image below might be next

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I did not see a thread on the VIP program, so I’ll post here. In case anyone was wondering, there was a change to VIP points in July. A VIP account earns 6.5 points for each dollar spent. (You can also get double the VIP points at certain times.)

Furthermore, each $100 spent normally earns 650 points, and once you reach 650 points, you can redeem the points for a $5 voucher online to spend on your next purchase. This is why the store employees no longer ask if you want to spend your points when you checkout. You have to designate online that you will apply the points to your next purchase BEFORE you checkout.

https://rewards.lego.com/rewards?__locale__=en-us

David Bacon
    Participant

you can redeem the points for a $5 voucher online to spend on your next purchase. .

https://rewards.lego.com/rewards?__locale__=en-us

You have to be careful though as the pink vouchers are for the store, but the green vouchers can only be used online.

Rich Millich
    Participant

I hate it when I start a new project and realize I’m short on parts I shouldn’t be short on.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I’m disappointed with this axe from the advent calendar. LEGO characters are t “real” people, and they don’t need more realistic items.

OK, boomer.

< insert Abe Simpson "old man yells at cloud" newspaper headline meme here >

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

For anybody who has seen episode 2 of The Mandalorian, I am going to start ending all my posts with ‘I have spoken.’ It will make me sound a little bit eccentric, but also noble and wise. So in other words, no real change. I have spoken.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

For anybody who has seen episode 2 of The Mandalorian, I am going to start ending all my posts with ‘I have spoken.’ It will make me sound a little bit eccentric, but also noble and wise. So in other words, no real change. I have spoken.

I am seeing some resemblance!

This is the way.

Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

I spy @hacim https://youtu.be/G-CtlplO5Eo?t=702

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Josh.
    Josh
    Keymaster

and his builds, narrated by the legendary Kevin Hinkle https://youtu.be/G-CtlplO5Eo?t=1964

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I like the video about Bricks in the Six, especially that section on the buildings by Karen Metz.

It would be fun to go to Toronto for this event, but a week after Brickfair VA would be overload.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Micah Beideman
    Participant

I like the video about Bricks in the Six, especially that section on the buildings by Karen Metz.

It would be fun to go to Toronto for this event, but a week after Brickfair VA would be overload.

Well, actually this year it’s going to be the week after BrickWorld. July 23-26.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Lulz @hacim goes off to college and starts “well, actually”-ing @greg

Viewing 25 posts - 776 through 800 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar