Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 801 through 825 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

My landscaping for the year is really paying off

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

How do you get your flowers to bloom in the winter? I need to start using your yard person.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

How do you get your entire yard to be sideways?

Rich Millich
    Participant

I’m curious: how’s that coating holding up?

Josh
    Keymaster

I think it’s only a matter of times before disney buys LEGO.

Josh
    Keymaster

I’m curious: how’s that coating holding up?

The uv one? I only put on that first coat in….spring of 2016. I’m thinking I should have reapplied. The lamppost is looking pretty faded and dirty. Might take a power washer to it in the spring to see how it does.

Rich Millich
    Participant

I think it’s only a matter of times before disney buys LEGO.

*eye starts twitching* We have discovered the line that must not be crossed.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I think it’s only a matter of times before disney buys LEGO

Disney net worth is $200 billion
    while LEGO net worth is $8 billion

Disney could afford it, but I don’t think LEGO would sell because a change in ownership could jeopardize the livelihoods of thousands of Danish employees.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

… and when you are one of the 20 wealthiest people in the world, would you need to sell the company your grandfather started?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Is there a way to set how long it is until the site times me out? I’ve had a situation multiple times where I am typing a reply – maybe it’s a long reply, or maybe I got up to do something else in the middle of it – and then when I submit it, the site does not submit it because it says I’m not logged in, even though I was when I started typing and I never left that page. Then, when I log in and return to the page for the given thread, everything I typed is gone. Currently my only solution is to copy/paste every single post I make here before hitting submit, something I’ve done before but am not currently in a habit of doing as a matter of course. If I can simply set the time out amount to a longer length, I would do that, since I am not exactly concerned about people hacking my Steel City LUG account.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Its a new feature to prevent your long posts. 😀

Attachments:
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

@hacim, are you the “Micah” in this sewer baby collab-build? If so, which module is yours?

Maybe we should do a LUG Sparkle Baby build for the Lego store!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Its a new feature to prevent your long posts.

lulz.

@hacim, are you the “Micah” in this sewer baby collab-build? If so, which module is yours?

@hacim
    is a known associate of @si-mocs, so I’d wager it’s him. Especially because the weirder / baby-er a build is, the more likely @hacim is behind it…

3 Years on Flickr!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Baby Caterpillars!

Pixies?

And the coup de grâce…

Set Review with Famous Builders

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Yeah, that was me.
    I built the module with the babies 😉

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Its a new feature to prevent your long posts. 😀

I incorrectly predicted that Pete would be the first to make a comment along those lines 😛

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

However, Rachel wants me to tell Greg that his attached pic made her laugh really hard.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

FYI, Snapology has job openings for instructors in Bridgeville and Pittsburgh.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I started organizing things for my trip, and I found my LUG business cards to take along. I obviously either haven’t done anything with them for awhile, or just haven’t looked at them carefully, cause I see they still have the old logo on them. I’m pretty sure we must have made new ones with the new logo, is that correct?

Tom Frost
    Participant

I’m pretty sure we must have made new ones with the new logo, is that correct?

No, we have the magnets with the new logo, but to my knowledge, we are still using already printed business cards with the old logo.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I tried to start a new thread on an idea for a Q2 challenge. However I could no longer see an obvious way to start a new thread, so I clicked on the “+ New” at the top of the webpage, next to Forums. The post that I created went into a “pending” status, where it remains. (See image below.) Is this the correct way to start a new thread?

Attachments:
    Tim

I just go to the FORUMS tab at the top. Then select the appropriate Forum (i.e. “LUG DISCUSSIONS”). There will be a CREATE NEW THREAD towards the bottom.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Tim.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Meet the ‘Lego Grandma’ who builds her own wheelchair ramps

https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2020/0219/1116268-lego-grandma/

Pete
    Participant

We are getting a keytar in the next minifig series. How awesome is that.

Dan (Beast)
    Participant

I’m looking to do a few mosaics, I haven’t had luck finding any working software to easily design one. Do you guys know of any? Thanks

Dan H

Viewing 25 posts - 801 through 825 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar