Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 851 through 875 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Laura, hold that order! The ultimate sneeze-guards are within our grasp …

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1092929404440560/

David Bacon
    Participant

Anybody with a PS4 or an Xbox One, both the Microsoft Store and the PSN store are selling the Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game for free, today only.

I’ve played this one and they add some neat features to combat to make it a bit more exciting than most games, though it is still mostly just mashing the attack button frequently.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I was going to start a new thread, but I know that people don’t always see new threads so this one is going to continue to live on like HeLa cells.

I had this idea about the LUG to have “standing orders” for bricklink. The idea is this: if there is a LEGO part that you would always buy, (up to a maximum price,) on bricklink, other LUG members could put that part on their bricklink wanted list. Then if a LUG member is shopping in a store where that part is available, the shopper could add the desired part to their cart and get the part for the LUG member who requested it.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Looks like Monkey Kid theme has at least a Fig that looks like the CMF 20 “Power Ranger” style fig. She is in white with a great dragon print and awesome duel-molded hair piece with green in it. I can’t wait to see this theme although it does seem quite costly. I’m interested in the Monkey Mech and the boat-like headquarter building. The pig barf wagon looks over the top and awesome also!

Definitely some cool new parts. The helmet with horns and other parts like the light blue roller coaster track pieces in the pics. Too bad they are Lego store exclusives and we can’t see them due to the closures right now. And, we didn’t get the 3 giveaways that Shanghai got. Oh well….

Any takers on these?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Monkey Kid theme

for reference:
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news/2020/may/lego-monkie-kid-2020/

The big mech is going to retail for $150.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

So….I also have a few, or more than a few, Star Wars The Black Series Figs. I ordered “The Child” months ago and today it arrived. I was surprised to see the size vs a minifig, but I guess the size makes sense against a normal, 6”-ish Black Figure…and because Dr. Strange is so tall.

Either way, he may end up in a build at some point until Lego releases theirs in the ship this Fall.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

@zaximillian I figured you’d love the colors and functionality of these:

Rich Millich
    Participant

@zaximillian I figured you’d love the colors and functionality of these:

<script async=”1″ defer=”1″ crossorigin=”anonymous” src=”https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v7.0″></script&gt;

<span style=”vertical-align: bottom; width: 750px; height: 884px;”><iframe name=”f733f8ae874dc” width=”750px” height=”1000px” data-testid=”fb:post Facebook Social Plugin” title=”fb:post Facebook Social Plugin” frameborder=”0″ allowtransparency=”true” allowfullscreen=”true” scrolling=”no” allow=”encrypted-media” src=”https://www.facebook.com/v7.0/plugins/post.php?app_id=&channel=https%3A%2F%2Fstaticxx.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D46%23cb%3Df1ee50bc0acfcb4%26domain%3Dwww.steelcitylug.com%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.steelcitylug.com%252Ff327395d0c7e354%26relation%3Dparent.parent&container_width=534&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F245680052153106%2Fposts%2F2933932673327817%2F%3Fvh%3De&locale=en_US&sdk=joey&width=750&#8243; style=”border: none; visibility: visible; width: 750px; height: 884px;” class=””></iframe></span>

Great find!

Thoughts:
    * This proves that ANYthing can be Space.
    * It also shows that craft can look chunky and still look good. I think it was a good choice on this project to let the letter utterly control the shaping.
    * THIS is what I’m talking about when I say “color blocking”. So many different color sets working together, both with and against the shaping.

* B for Blacktron, F for Futuron, M for M-Tonr, and P for Police. Of course!
    * The U is Pinktron colors!
    * @erunaamo would dig the L fighter later in the video I think.
    * The Space Police tile lettering on the P fighter is brilliantly done.
    * Are those droid heads in the H?

All in all, one massive and very cool project.

Rich Millich
    Participant

Great find, @joshhall!

Thoughts:

* This is proof that “ANYthing can be Space.”
    * B for Blackton, F for Futuron, M for M-Tron, P for Space Police. Of course!
    * Wait, wait, wait… the W unfolds to make another W?!
    * THIS is what I mean when I say “color blocking”: colors can act with and against shaping to amplify it, and there are many color sets working nicely together here.
    * The U is PINKtron colors!
    * @erunaamo might dig the L letter, because this is Classic Space colors.
    * Are those Star Wars droid heads in the H?
    * There are quite a few craft with large scale reshaping play features. The X-Wing has once again had its influence.
    * It was a nice choice to allow the big, bulky lettering style to dominate the shaping here, and to include punctuation marks. This is a big, big project.

Great find!

Paula
    Participant

Hey everyone! Just dropping a line to see how everyone is?!
    I’ve been on daily conference calls as we plan our reopenings, however we in Pittsburgh haven’t gotten word yet. (Crossing fingers!) We’ve been watching the PA numbers and every conference to keep up to date on things, as we want to keep our team and guests as safe as we can. We miss you all!

Inventory online is really light, and stores that do open are selling out quickly. We have been told not to expect new/ newer items in store, but I always like to be surprised!

Let me know if anyone has questions and stay safe and well!

Paula
    Participant

PS:
    We do not have plans at the moment of selling from the PAB wall or BAM. That plan is fluid at this time.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Inventory online is really light, and stores that do open are selling out quickly.

… a convincing reason for me to restart selling online. 🙂

Paula
    Participant

and not just with us, target and walmart too. It’s definitely going to be challenging for a few months and I’m not optimistic about holiday 🙁

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am placing an order in a store called “BRICKroom.” (including the period at the end of the name) in Germany. If there is anything you would like to add, please let me know. There is a 5% fee for PayPal fees, but I am already paying for shipping, so if you see something that you really want, let me know in the next day or two. @laura @timf @tfdesigns @bengood921 @joshhall @zaximillian @hacim @skippermike @rcgrier3406

Rich Millich
    Participant

Hey, thanks for mentioning me, Greg!

Tim

Thanks, Greg. I am good for now. I’ve been rearranging my Lego area, working on completing a few outstanding projects, and sorting. I have a large backlog of sorting to do so I want to get that mostly done so I can take an accurate stock of my parts inventory. 🙂

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Good luck! Been waiting on a Netherlands shipment for over a month now. Shipping prices are brutal; 25/35/45 Euro from Germany. 🙁 Gone are the 7 Euro ratesi guess. Thanks Chima virus.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Yes, shipping is expensive right now, (and its not called the Chima virus its called the Galidor virus.) Anyway the shipping method can accommodate several pounds so I am trying to add on whatever might be worthwhile. Still, this order will only be a small fraction of the “stimulus check” … if it ever arrives. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I might be interested in BRICKroom. I have been traveling for a family emergency (wearing a mask and gloves at every gas station and rest stop bites), so I haven’t had a chance to go through the whole store yet. When are you thinking of finalizing the order?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I have another “batch” to add today, do you think you can finalize sometime tomorrow?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

As a technic building noob, I learned that the old 9V LEGO system batteries and motors don’t connect to PowerFunctions controls. However the benevolent LEGO overlord priveds a cable 8886 that provides compatibility for in a $3 cable. The part is NOT sold in any sets.

I need three of these cables for my current project and three is the limit that one is allowed to buy (despite some bricklink stores stocking hundreds.) If anyone is placing an order with LEGO, please let me know, because these expensive little wires become even more expensive once the shipping cost is added. Thanks!

Paula
    Participant

Hello Hello! Your friendly neighborhood LEGO store has curbside pickup this week, from 11am to 4pm, Wednesday through Sunday. only 1 set of any style per purchase, and we will not receive any GWP’s. We plan on opening back to the public the following saturday. Cross those fingers! We miss you all!

David Bacon
    Participant

Hello Hello! Your friendly neighborhood LEGO store has curbside pickup this week, from 11am to 4pm, Wednesday through Sunday. only 1 set of any style per purchase, and we will not receive any GWP’s. We plan on opening back to the public the following saturday. Cross those fingers! We miss you all!

Great news. Are orders to be made by phone only, or is their a website to purchase through?

Are we allowed to post this on Social Media?

Paula
    Participant

Phone orders only, and Jason probably will not be in until 1030am today. 412-837-4125
    Yup – feel free to share on social media. Unless something happens with POS today, we set everything up yesterday. Pick up is behind cheesecake factory – there are 6 spaces. Jason will need to know the make/ color of your car that you’ll be bringing.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Not sure if you all saw the new 3 in 1 (31107) coming out…one of the builds is a respectable looking Vic Viper!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/space-rover-explorer-31107

https://brickset.com/article/51724/review-31107-space-rover-explorer#.XtkQzCq12S4.facebook

Viewing 25 posts - 851 through 875 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar