Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 1,026 through 1,050 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Tim

@greg I believe you are thinking of Sir Troy’s Toy Kingdom – https://www.sirtroys.com/locations – in North Canton. There is now a second location now in Medina. Either would be not too far off a trip to the Beachwood Store. I grew up about 20 minutes from North Canton and have intended many times to stop in and see what he has.

He also runs a Bricklink store (and I have purchased from him before – not the cheapest but has good quantities): https://store.bricklink.com/mnementh?p=mnementh#/terms

Greg Schubert
    Participant

This is a really sophisticated window design. What parts are the white parts on top of the brown bricks in this image?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

Looks like 1×2 jumpers on top with brackets down the sides. Really neat design!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Ah right, brackets, duh … I was thinking 1×2 panels and did not understand how they could be inverted. Using brackets make sense; altogether a very clever combination of parts.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Free to a good home…

Anybody want these containers?

Attachments:
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I order from Lego all the time. Monthly at least. I get missed parts all the time. No one has EVER sent me an apology like this from Lego. I feel jipped!

https://apple.news/AgHqCA5UTRWO_jKt9n1qScw

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Also, has anyone been to the airport lately. Apparently they have a controversial machine there now we all may want to try!

David Bacon
    Participant

I was just at the airport a couple weeks ago, but did not venture down concourse B. For all the physical stores that are closed in that airport, this kind of makes sense. Who is in charge of restocking it I wonder? Paula? Or just some direct Lego dealer that travels around the country?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I don’t know but I would think it is a centralized vending group that deals with all the merch. Apparently there are several that have various goods from electronics to cosmetics.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Anybody wanna tell us what the article says? Those of us who don’t have Apple News can’t read it.

Rich Millich
    Participant

JOIN OUR UNIVERSE
    LET US MAKE YOUR CHOICES FOR YOU
    OUR PRODUCTS COMMAND YOUR LIFE
    APPLE IS ALL

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m posting a photo I came across on Flickr recently, it’s a very recent pic. In it, the main figure has a white part being used as a mustache. I don’t recognize this part. Does anybody know what it is or what set it comes from? I’ve checked multiple categories on BL and I haven’t been able to find it.

20210827_191511

Josh
    Keymaster

I posted on that pic, and I dug up Marcellus Brown’s facebook page and asked him on pics of the samurai there what piece it was. I am pretty confident, after browsing many categories for ‘white’ pieces that this is not lego…

Josh
    Keymaster

oh, I should also say, he changed the face – https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1515732058563427&set=pb.100056245987685.-2207520000.. it had used the white wing piece.

Josh
    Keymaster

just found this…that middle bar just looks like a piece of straw….I think those white parts are actually megabloks.

https://blockheads.builders/creations/posable-red-samurai-gKjpq

Josh
    Keymaster

Gross.

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Wow, and you just dissed him… O_O

Josh
    Keymaster

Wow, and you just dissed him… O_O

Did I? This is why I’m not allowed in social situations. I just wanted to know if it was a Lego piece and he seemed to think I wanted to buy it and was encouraging me to. I wanted to nip that in the bud.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Haha, idk. In text format, especially if you don’t know them personally*, that could come across as holier-than-thou / judgmental…?

I might’ve said “oh, it’s a custom, if that’s the case I wouldn’t be looking for it, because I prefer to keep my builds pure LEGO.” Or something.

Maybe the peanut gallery cares to weigh in on if I’m overestimating the potentially harsh tones of your succinct statement, or if you truly are just a jerk…? 😉

*- see, that’s why I’m relentless with my besties like you and Greg, because I know you know I love yinz, and am just joking around for the lulz!!! <3 <3 <3

Josh
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’m laconic, terse, and pithy.

I need a nap just thinking about saying those many words you wrote.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Actually, I thought Josh wanted to buy 144 samurai mustaches, so it’s a good thing he cleared that up.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I order from Lego all the time. Monthly at least. I get missed parts all the time. No one has EVER sent me an apology like this from Lego. I feel jipped!

https://apple.news/AgHqCA5UTRWO_jKt9n1qScw

@bengood921
    , it basically was a Star Wars set missing a bag of parts. The response letter was written as if they were immersed in the SW universe.

“Dear John,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and providing that information! I am so sorry that you are missing bag 14 from your Mos Eisley Cantina! This must be the work of Lord Vader.

Fear not, for I have hired Han to get that bag right out to you.

Have a bricktastic day and may the force be with you.”

Maybe it was because it was a whole bag of parts, or maybe the were just in a funny mood. Either way, it was mildly humorous.

Josh
    Keymaster

I’m all like, “I don’t think that’s Lego” and he’s all like,”this guy thinks that piece is so awesome that now he wants one too!” And I was all like “uh uh. I don’t want none of that nonsense.” And Matt was like “aww naw he didn’t!” And I was like, “Wutchu talkin bout, fool?” And Greg was all like…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

classic

Tim

Gross.

Actually, I thought Josh wanted to buy 144 samurai mustaches, so it’s a good thing he cleared that up.

OK, this had me laughing out loud for like 5 minutes. Nothing like a sublime math joke to entertain and amuse. A gold brick to Greg!

I’m all like, “I don’t think that’s Lego” and he’s all like,”this guy thinks that piece is so awesome that now he wants one too!” And I was all like “uh uh. I don’t want none of that nonsense.” And Matt was like “aww naw he didn’t!” And I was like, “Wutchu talkin bout, fool?” And Greg was all like…

I so just read this in Luis’ voice (Michael Pena from “Ant Man”). Again, top quality entertainment here. 😀

For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj2u_obs3n0

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Tim.
Viewing 25 posts - 1,026 through 1,050 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar