2018 Winter Display PA Trolley

Home Forums LUG discussions 2018 Winter Display PA Trolley

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

I’m on a roll now!

Once again we have been invited to display at this years “Santa Trolley” event which will take place on the following weekends this year:

Friday – Sunday, November 23-25, Saturday – Sunday December 1-2, 8-9, and 15-16th,

Setup will take place the weekend prior, November 17 & 18. As with last year I will be available both days, so if there is anyone that cannot make it one day, they can come the next. I will also be available Wednesday November 21st afternoon/evening for any last minute building like a few of us did last year.

This event is once again 4 weekends this year, which didn’t seem to be a problem last year.

I’m trying to get to the punch on this a bit earlier this year, as I know time will fly by, so let’s get coordinating! The theme as always is a LEGO Winter Wonderland, but we cannot forget that we are working with LEGO here and in LEGO world EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!! So, as I’ve said before, I am not opposed to people bringing MOCs or things outside of the standard “town/city” theme. Also, as we have in previous years, we can plan on transferring many displays from Greenberg to the museum for this display.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Laura.
    Whiteside
    Participant

I’ve never taken part in this. I would be interested in going to a couple weekends in December since it is fairly close to where I live.

Tim

Bob and I are planning on a Hogsmeade section (larger than the Hogsmeade section being done for Pumpkin Trolley) and, instead of the entire Castle, my Great Hall decked out for Chistmas. This will be Phase III of III to the HP Display for 2018.

Tom Frost
    Participant

I’ve never taken part in this. I would be interested in going to a couple weekends in December since it is fairly close to where I live.

Maybe your ice planet display could be integrated here. Nick did a Hoth scene as part of the winter trolley display one year.

Tim

@laura, what time next weekend is set up? I think I can make it on Saturday, if not definitely on Wednesday evening.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Is there a thread for this? Is the setup on Saturday? Are there any other plans to share? I am entertaining the logistics for transporting the top half of the 6 foot tall tree.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Ooh, Laura got sneaky and didn’t call it “Santa” Trolley…

2018 Winter Display PA Trolley

Not a lot of action over there, although I feel like there were some comments about setup and whatnot made on the Punkin Trolley thread and/or Greenberg thread?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Is there a thread for this?

Merged threads for everyone’s convenience. 😀

Whiteside
    Participant

I’ll be there on Saturday with my Ice Planet display. I am at S.W. Randall that morning but will be there early afternoon.

Walter

Tim

From my conversation with @rcgrier3406,, he and I were going to be there around 1:00 pm as well.

Laura
    Participant

Bob and I are planning on a Hogsmeade section (larger than the Hogsmeade section being done for Pumpkin Trolley) and, instead of the entire Castle, my Great Hall decked out for Chistmas. This will be Phase III of III to the HP Display for 2018. Laura, what time next weekend is set up? I think I can make it on Saturday, if not definitely on Wednesday evening.

Sounds great Tim, can’t wait to see the rest of the Harry Potter stuff! How many tables will you & Bob need?

For setup, you can arrive anytime between 10am and 6pm. If I’m not at the room I am in the general vicinity, you can reach me on my cell at 814-414-7298. The room will be unlocked for you to come in and start setting up.

Is the setup on Saturday? Are there any other plans to share? I am entertaining the logistics for transporting the top half of the 6 foot tall tree.

I am planning to have a layout together before the end of the day tomorrow. How much room will you need Greg?

I’ll be there on Saturday with my Ice Planet display. I am at S.W. Randall that morning but will be there early afternoon.

Sounds good Walter, thank you for your interest in displaying this year. How many tables are you going to need for your display?

Laura
    Participant

Just for an idea of space, this was the layout from 2017.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bob Grier
    Participant

@laura, except for tables and table legs (which I think you still have there from Pumpkin trolley), I have all of the LUG stuff from Greenberg’s (i.e. sneeze guards, table drapes, clamps, Tim’s table cloths, baseplate bins, QR code, business cards & magnets, LUG Doug, etc.), and will be bringing them with me on Saturday. As Tim mentioned, plan is to get there around 1 pm.

Which room are we in this year, the big room near the tracks, or the same room as Pumpkin Trolley in the main building?

As far as space for the Harry Potter stuff, I would say 1 LUG table for Tim’s Great Hall, and 2 LUG tables for Hogsmeade, unless @timf thinks we need more than that.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Bob Grier.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Bob Grier.
    Whiteside
    Participant

@laura My display takes up about 90″ by 30″. There are a few LED lights that need to be plugged in if there is an outlet available.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

. How much room will you need Greg?

At this point, I think I will just send a couple of winter buildings with Bob if he has room. Is there anything in particular that you would want for this display? how about the standard tree with a plastic train track around it?

Attachments:
    Laura
    Participant

Sounds good Greg. The tree’s always a hit.

Laura
    Participant

Which room are we in this year, the big room near the tracks, or the same room as Pumpkin Trolley in the main building?

The big room

Bob Grier
    Participant

Some quick pics of just the Hogsmeade portion of the Winter Trolley display from set-up on Saturday. Walter’s Ice Planet was also set up, but I didn’t get any pics (maybe he did). Set-up for the rest of the displays were all in progress, so hopefully someone else will post pics once they’re completed.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmwdxf92

Greg Schubert
    Participant

How is Santa Trolley / the Winter Display going? I’m curious, do the same people return in each new season?

Bob Grier
    Participant

Here’s a bunch of pics I took yesterday (Saturday, 12/1) of the “completed” Winter Trolley display. Of course, as you all know these things are tend to continuously evolve right up until tear down, so maybe “current” is a better term!! Pretty good and steady crowd even though it poured most of the day.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmnUGDxA

Josh
    Keymaster

Anyone missing this piece?

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I don’t recognize it … and most of my roofs are white anyway. 😀 Its likely to be from one of Bob’s Harry Potter buildings.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Don’t think it’s one of mine either. What color is that, dark tan?? Might help to figure out who it might belong to.

Josh
    Keymaster

Reddish brown. Probably @timf then

Tim

I don’t think that is mine. I don’t recall building anything with 2×3 slopes and 1×2 cheese slopes in brown.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar