2020 Ligonier Valley Train Show – Saturday, May 16

Home Forums LUG discussions 2020 Ligonier Valley Train Show – Saturday, May 16

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tim

The Ligonier Valley Model Railroad Home Tour will be held on Saturday, May 16, 2020, at Huber Hall in Latrobe from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. While the show is Train-centric by nature, any theme is welcome and encouraged. This is a great show for first timers as it is very low key. We normally are provided six 8-foot banquet tables which we line up three wide and two deep. It makes for a nice display area. I may have a conflict and not be able to attend but at the least will certainly send some MOCs to display.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Are we committed, @timf? Just want to ensure that if you won’t personally be there, we find someone else to run point.

I’m interested, as it is a fun and easy event, but I will need to look at scheduling before committing to being there.

Tim

I told them back in November that we will participate. However, we can back out if no one is interested. I would need to let them know by the end of February if we do NOT intend to participate.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I plan to participate. Last year I brought a few things and picked up a bunch of buildings from Walter. I hesitate to commit to running it though, because there’s a chance I also won’t be in town then.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I would need to let them know by the end of February if we do NOT intend to participate.

Yeah, that’s what I wanted to clarify: if we don’t have at least a leader who can commit to showing up and setting up by the end of this month – and better yet, 2-3 others who plan to be there – we should probably not be committed to it.

So hopefully we can get some confirmations within the next few weeks!

Bob Grier
    Participant

@timf, I’ll commit to be the lead for this event. I’ve been there the past 2 times we’ve displayed, so for sure they’ll see a familiar face.

The Incline seemed to be pretty popular there last year, so I would plan to bring it again this year. The train loop running under it and going back into the town area also worked well. I’ve been working on a couple of passenger cars and a caboose that are modeled after some old P&LE rolling stock, so I would bring those as well. This will also be a good opportunity to use some of the new 9V track that the LUG recently bought for an expanded layout.

If you’re unable to go, I can transport your MOC’s for you. I would plan on going out there the night before like we did last year to set up, and then staying overnight.

For those not familiar with this event, they normally give us access to the hall Friday evening from like 5 – 7 pm to set up if we want to, but that’s not a requirement. If you want to go out just for the day on Saturday, that’s fine. We just have to be set up by the 9 am opening. The address for the hall is 300 S. Alexandria St., Latrobe, PA 15650 if you want to check on how long it will take you to get there. Takes me about an hour from my home in Gibsonia.

Tim

I’ll commit to be the lead for this event.

Thank you, Bob. As you know, we’ve done this event with just 2 staff (you and me). Ideally 5-8 would be great so there is always a good presence and it is easier to take a lunch break.

Pete
    Participant

If I am around I will be there.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

These are awesome, and somebody should build them (in black and gold, of course):

Dan
    Participant

I’ve wanted to go to this event for a number of years. I’ll talk to my wife – hopefully third time’s the charm!

Tim

Information letter attached from LVRR, including times, address for Huber Hall, etc.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Well, it was pretty much inevitable – they have gone ahead and cancelled the 2020 LVRR show. Thank you to everyone who was interested and we’ll hopefully do it next year.

Pete
    Participant

That sucks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar