AFOL and proud of it!

Home Forums Introductions AFOL and proud of it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alice
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have recently emerged from a several-decades-long dark period when my 4-year-old got his first lego set. Since then, I got back into building with my kid. We build mostly lego city vehicles (police, trucks, etc) and The Lego Movie sets together almost every night. He is getting really good (for a 4-year-old) at MOCing as well! After he goes to sleep, I build larger sets on my own. my most recent build was the technic service truck 42008.

My husband got me the architecture studio set for Valentines Day, so I’ve started to have fun with all-white MOCs. Nothing elaborate!

I don’t know how active I will be IRL since I have 2 young kids (the aforementioned 4 year old and an 18-mo toddler), but thought I’d introduce myself.

Tim

Welcome, Alice! It’s always great to hear how people got back into the Lego hobby. For many, it is because of kids (what a great excuse to buy sets – “This is for the kids.”). You will find that we are a pretty low stress group. Although it will appear that there is a lot going on (and there is), any individual’s amount of involvement is completely up to them. We have no requirements for any particular level of participation. Hopefully, however, you’ll be able to come to an occasional Quarterly meeting or public display/event. Our Q1 meeting is next Saturday (hint, hint) although that may be too short of notice. Participation here in the forums is pretty low time commitment. Anyways, welcome back to Lego and welcome to Steel City LUG!

Dan
    Participant

Welcome!

Alice
    Participant

I wish I could make next week’s meeting, but I have tickets to the 1pm Pens vs Coyotes game on Saturday.

Are meeting minutes posted online?

Tim

Yes, they are posted in a Minutes thread in the Private Contributing Member Discussions forum.

Pete
    Participant

Hi Alice.

Rich Millich
    Participant

Hello Alice. No stress at all. You don’t have to be a major contributor to be part of the LUG, and you don’t even need to build new things. We have a good number of members who are set builders much like yourself. You’ll fit right in. Feel free to post topics and ask anything about LEGO.

Welcome!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar