Another newbie

Home Forums Introductions Another newbie

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    IxadorIllcaster3rd
    Participant

Just got back from Ross Park Mall and decided to join up.

I’m trying to limit myself to a few themes in my builds.
    Castles, Modular Buildings, Christmas village, and the occasional giant robot that tickles me right.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    EpcotBricks
    Participant

Welcome! I’m new here as well. Awesome setups! The displays at the Mall were pretty amazing.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Awesome builds. Welcome.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome to the group!

Dan
    Participant

Welcome! Glad you enjoyed the mall display! Winter, town, and castle are a nice mix of themes. As you’ve seen we’ve got people interested in just about everything!

IxadorIllcaster3rd
    Participant

One of your members has the trolley running back and forth on a strait piece of track (loops just take up so much room), I wouldn’t mind setting up something similar. He mentioned that it was programmed in python. I want to look into doing something similar.

Also started working on the Jazz club, it will give the Muppets a place to work.

John S
    Participant

One of your members has the trolley running back and forth on a strait piece of track (loops just take up so much room), I wouldn’t mind setting up something similar. He mentioned that it was programmed in python. I want to look into doing something similar.

Glad you liked the display and signed up too. Welcome to the group!

I just added the video I used for my trolley in the Pybricks discussion thread: https://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/pybricks-and-other-good-uses-for-powered-up

Mitch
    Participant

welcome to the group! Glad you enjoyed our display.

We have a discord server and build nights every other Saturday, so our next one will be Feb 4th in the evening, join the discord under member links on the side panel! its a great way to chat and hangout, talk lego, build lego, and just get to know some members. If you need help with discord let me know, I am happy to help.

come build a set or moc or just chat about your most recent build!

IxadorIllcaster3rd
    Participant

So I watched the video a few times it looks like I will need to find motor, sensor, and hub. It doesn’t look like the remote is needed as the instructions can be downloaded directly into the hub or use a phone app. sadly the hub is currently out of stock on the Lego site and store at the moment. I’ll check back in a few weeks to see if it is available. The programming will become a latter problem, those classes always gave me grief back in school.

Krista K

Hi! Welcome to the group. So glad you enjoyed the display and joined. We’ve got a lot of Christmas and Castle folks so you’re in good company. Look forward to meeting you at a future event.

Logan C
    Participant

and the occasional giant robot that tickles me right.

Did somebody say “giant robot”? Which one(s) specifically? I happen to do a lot of robot MOCs, mainly transformers.
    Anyway, welcome to the group!

IxadorIllcaster3rd
    Participant

I have Prime, Voltron, and two of the robot one of three sets (31124) that I have merged into a winged centaur type bot. I’m tempted to pick up a few more not sure why but I love that set and $10 seems like a good deal.

Logan C
    Participant

I have Prime, Voltron, and two of the robot one of three sets (31124) that I have merged into a winged centaur type bot. I’m tempted to pick up a few more not sure why but I love that set and $10 seems like a good deal.

I just got that 3 in 1 robot at the mall event, its a great little thing for only $10. Prime is a fantastic set, and I super regret passing up on Voltron when it came out, haha.

IxadorIllcaster3rd
    Participant

I can’t call Prime fantastic, his waist is weak, there have been a few times when I picked him up to reposition him or transform him and his legs fall and I have to reassemble them again.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar