Beverly’s birthdays

Home Forums LUG discussions Beverly’s birthdays

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

If you haven’t heard about this nonprofit, you should really check it out. They were featured on a national tv show where they surprised the founder with all sorts of resources and money and volunteers to carry out their mission. They host birthday parties for kids who are in social or financial situations where they wouldn’t have a birthday party.

A friend pointed out to me that the month of November they’re doing LEGO themed parties. They’re all weekday evenings north of the city it seems. If anyone is willing to give up an evening to spread some LEGO cheer, you’d have lug resources at your disposal for sure.

November Builder Birthdays!

RJ Thompson
    Participant

I’ve volunteered out there. It’s nice and they are wonderful folks.

Josh
    Keymaster

I’m going to drop off the character cuts outs we have for them to borrow this month. Anyone have a strong opposition to that? I want to make sure the lug knows when our resources are being used, as I’m apt to just make decisions on what I think is best, but want to drive decisions based on what the group believes is a positive use of our resources.

I’ve talked to Megs, and her parents live in bethel park, so I’ll just get them back from her that way, I’m sure. If anyone wanted to show up at one of these parities to run build challenges and get cup credits, let me know.

There was also talk about us going to an event for them in May. I’ll keep updates coming.
    https://app.donorview.com/Event/EventCalendar?prm=zRiES2ZjRCFXLqPvV8AmlM2tTALhjOFHZaOC4sQLC8Lh4ObwjdFGAb251NZIaJxpW1MCcHWX3n0BbGOPPCsksckrnI4nCxIxleLZwtHboMHJ-TtoUsu1i2L0zjusTnNo0

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar