Bought a whole collection.

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Bought a whole collection.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ak41984
    Participant

Hi fellow lego collectors. I figured it might be cool to post about a collection I bought today(10-30-2021). It was a rather large
    Collection mostly large sets from the last 2-3 years of production. However it did have the large 7 modular sets and a few older sets. It will take some time to truly gather what I purchased. Some where assembled and some are bagged partly assembled. The guy I bought them off of seemed quite organized though so I feel it was a good score. With that said there are some set I already have 2 of and by buying his collection it gives me 3rd of some sets. (Typically some bigger one I save one sealed and build one). I don’t mind having extra built ones but 2 assembled sets might be a bit much. Long story short I would be willing to sell some of them sets that are 3rd sets for me if anyone is interested. (No Modular’s though).

Adam

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Krista K

Nice haul! Looks like there’s some good stuff in there. Keep us posted on what you’d like to downsize.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Holy smokes, you bought all of that at once! How did you move it?

ak41984
    Participant

Moving lego is easy. I moved my whole collection last year took about a week of trips multi in a day. Cardboard Boxes work best box’s are closely sized to what ur putting into it as practical. No packing material!! I would have been able to get it all of the collection I bought Saturday in 1 trip if I didn’t have 2 car seats in the SUV and there wasn’t an assembled roller coaster. Speaking of coaster that is the first thing I’m interested in selling if anyone is looking for one assembled. I finally assembled mine a few months ago wish I didn’t now. Had 2 days in it. Big build !! So don’t see how I could have 2 identical coasters in my city.

Tim

Any idea why the Seller sold? Those are really new sets and still in boxes. Most people do not just drop the hobby cold.

ak41984
    Participant

I would think a few reasons.

Only a few of the sets all loose pieces are more than 10 years old but he had instruction. Then no sets. Some Modular’s going back 6/7 years and the carousel but then besides that they are all newer sets or exited production in late 2019 early 2020.

I have also gathered the he didnt do anything during Covid besides build legos. Also it was starting to cost take 3 rooms of his house. I wondered if his wife wasn’t a fan but couldn’t figure. However I don’t think he’s stopping. I believe he’s looking it more as a clean slate. He said he was ordering home alone. Told him collect again and call me tomorrow in 18 months

He really enjoys the building experience. I actually asked him if he would want to build some sets for me I simply do not have the time to build or the eyesight to build. So we will try that at some point I believe.

Josh
    Keymaster

Told him collect again and call me tomorrow in 18 months

lol

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar