Brick Bar – Feb 21-22nd

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Brick Bar – Feb 21-22nd

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

Started a new thread, since we have something more to talk about.

We have 20 free tickets. We also have a %20 off link to give to anyone you want to. First people to respond get a free ticket. I’ll give you until the newsletter goes out for February to sign up, then anyone who signed up will get an additional ticket.

Unfortunately, I already bought 4 tickets for the 9:30-11pm time on saturday, so I’m kinda tied to that time frame…but I’m also thinking 1) this won’t be that packed if they’re giving away tickets like this 2) they’re not going to empty the place for each session 3) #2 is even furthered by #1.

So, if you want a ticket, let me know what time you want, and I’ll get you that time/day. If we want to throw out ideas, I’d say aim for saturday night, but if more people say go for Friday, then go for it.

Here is the 20% discount link: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/the-brick-bar-pittsburgh-tickets-83996562981?discount=20BrickBar

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Wish I could make a trip out for this!

How’d ya pull off the free tix? It’s coming to Columbus in June, I may wait to purchase my tickets if this is a possibility over here…

Josh
    Keymaster

Also, my brother in law happens to own a party bus. It can fit many adults. I’m going to see if I can book it for the night.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Dibs want ticket.

Not sure about time but probably will align with the Saturday evening thing…

I’ll give you until the newsletter goes out for February to sign up, then anyone who signed up will get an additional ticket.

Wait, so when the Feb newsletter goes out, people who’ve signed up prior to that get a second ticket? (assuming there are enough remaining free tickets to go around, or is it first post, first served for the remaining tickets?) But presumably you’ll also be mentioning it in that newsletter…?

Josh
    Keymaster

correct

Greg Schubert
    Participant

It sounds interesting, especially the secret location, but I’m not sure if I would go. Here are the 1.5 hour time slots:

FRIDAY, FEB 21ST @ 5:00PM – 6:30PM
    FRIDAY, FEB 21ST @ 6:30PM – 8:00PM
    FRIDAY, FEB 21ST @ 8:00PM – 9:30PM
    FRIDAY, FEB 21ST @ 9:30PM -11:00PM
    SATURDAY, FEB 22ND @ 11:00AM -12:30PM
    SATURDAY, FEB 22ND @ 12:30PM – 2:00PM
    SATURDAY, FEB 22ND @ 2:00PM – 3:30PM
    SATURDAY, FEB 22ND @ 3:30PM-5:00PM
    SATURDAY, FEB 22ND @ 5:00PM – 6:30PM
    SATURDAY, FEB 22ND @ 6:30PM – 8:00PM
    SATURDAY, FEB 22ND @ 8:00PM – 9:30PM
    SATURDAY, FEB 22ND @ 9:30PM -11:00PM

Rich Millich
    Participant

I am so there. I still say we just pull up in the party bus and swoosh in MOCs. That’s what I plan to do, I dunno about you guys. Party on the bus the rest of the night is also a good plan. Maybe roll the bus by the bar every 90 minutes or so, making sure the operators know.

It sounds like there’ll be prizes for a build every 90 minutes. Not a lot of time to make a MOC, with alcohol being involved.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Josh
    Keymaster

I’d love to see anyone that can make it go. They didn’t ask for a display or anything, so nothing to prep or watch will be nice. I’ll still wear my shirt and encourage others to, and have a few pics on my phone and a handful of business cards. It’ll be nice, for me at least, not have responsibilities, like hosting a meeting and such, and just be able to hang out with everyone. I do have my girls that weekend though, so I’ll get a sister or a sitter to help.

The party bus fits 14 and a driver. I’ll be the driver since I’ve driven it a few times before. If there’s interest, I’m fine to pick up people around the city, maybe picking a north and south location for people to meet or something. Let me know if there’s interest in me reserving the bus or just pass and people do their own thing. Attached a pic of when we took the kids in it this past summer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

sister or a sitter

lulz that’s catchy

The party bus fits 14 and a driver. I’ll be the driver since I’ve driven it a few times before. If there’s interest, I’m fine to pick up people around the city, maybe picking a north and south location for people to meet or something. Let me know if there’s interest in me reserving the bus or just pass and people do their own thing.

I’m for it. But how does this offer to be the chauffeur jive with

Unfortunately, I already bought 4 tickets for the 9:30-11pm time on saturday, so I’m kinda tied to that time frame…

…?

Attached a pic of when we took the kids in it this past summer.

One of those kids doesn’t look happy…

Krista K

Oh bummer! Will and I already bought our tickets for Saturday. ?

Will McDine
    Participant

I bought tickets for Alexis and I for the Friday 1700-1830 time slot

David Bacon
    Participant

I would like to sign up for one of these tickets. My wife and I would go Friday 6:30 – 8:00 while our kids attend a church event.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

There is a promo video at https://www.thebrickbars.com/.

So a $15 – $25 ticket simply covers building with LEGO for 90 minutes around people who are drinking alcohol???

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

So a $15 – $25 ticket simply covers building with LEGO for 90 minutes around people who are drinking alcohol???

Or a free ticket, if you call dibs on one fast enough…

TBH, I think it’s going to be what we make it. Pop-up bars seem to be more hype than substance more often than not… I probably wouldn’t bother, if it were just me going – I could drink alcohol (and probably higher quality / more to my taste) and build LEGO at home without paying the cover charge. But if we get a group (and a party bus?!?) together and own it, we can have fun for sure.

Josh
    Keymaster

I would like to sign up for one of these tickets. My wife and I would go Friday 6:30 – 8:00 while our kids attend a church event.

cool. I’ll get you tickets for those times.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

cool. I’ll get you tickets for those times.

Did the February newsletter go out and I missed it? Or did Monsieur Bacon do something to merit a second ticket despite the previously stated:

I’ll give you until the newsletter goes out for February to sign up, then anyone who signed up will get an additional ticket.

Or are you simply noting his requested time slot, and waiting until the newsletter goes out to secure the second Bacon ticket?

Just sayin’, if we can get special treatment, I want in so I can get a tic for my SO without waiting for the aforementioned deadline to pass…

😉

Rachel Hellenga
    Participant

I attended the Chicago Brick Bar event today (thanks Josh for the heads up about it.) Ben and I had a debate about whether all sessions were for age 21+ or just the evening sessions. I’m attaching pics that would indicate we’re looking at 21+ all day.

As for the 1 million bricks, I believe I spotted one genuine LEGO part (a 1×1 round tile with eyeball printed pattern). The rest of the bricks were no name bricks, not even mega blocks. That said, I had a blast. It was really enjoyable to mingle in an adults-only crowd of non-AFOLs. The adults really brought a fresh wonderment to it that is hard to put into words, and it was nice to be able to help them get up to speed on even simple things like how to refer to the different bricks by name.

Also, what they lacked in skill, they made up for in attitude. We had a 15-minute building contest on the theme of Chicago starting with a 48-stud baseplate (referred to by the MC as the squares you can find in boxes around the room), and there were some fun entries. The winner made a car with a yellow boot. Chicago is known for extreme corruption among towing companies and the boot is a much-hated icon.

Will post more pics later. Hope that gives you the flavor.

Rachel Hellenga
    Participant

Resized pics from Brick Bar. Will post more representative pics later. I cannot tell a lie, the Hulk build totally cracked me up.

Attachments:
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m not sure about Rachel’s interpretation of the first picture. It’s clearly the Hulk doing his Olaf impression. “Hulk impaled!”

(For those of you not aware, Ben <3’s Olaf.)

Rachel Hellenga
    Participant

To be clear, I found it amusing only because it was startling to see “uncensored” LEGO and it was the first time it occurred to me that someone must be monitoring free build activities at conventions to nip this in the bud. Please do not send dick pics, LEGO or otherwise.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Clearly somebody hasn’t been to BrickFair VA After Dark…

Rachel Hellenga
    Participant

Chicago theme contest winner: car with yellow parking boot.

Selfie with Tiana and her I (heart) Chicago + Sears Tower build. Tiana was the only contestant who built up instead of all mosaic style. I helped her find black bricks and contributed the white antennae.

Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

Newsletter has been sent. Here’s what I have so far. First to claim the rest gets them.

going on their own:
    Will – 2 – Friday 5p
    Krista – 2 Saturday 12:30
    Josh – 4 – Saturday 9:30-11 (if anyone wants these, let me know)

Claiming free tickets:
    Bacon – 2 – Friday 6:30
    Matt – 2- time TBD
    Krista – 2 – Saturday 2p
    Josh 5 0 Saturday 8p

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Josh 5 0 Saturday 8p

giving yourself 50 free tickets seems excessive, chief… ;P

But thanks for the 2x!

Rachel Hellenga
    Participant

I’d ask for a pic but I think I won’t.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar