Brickfair VA 2018

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Brickfair VA 2018

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Ben… Cmon. There was a whole Galidor display! And the actor from the Galidor TV show was there and doing signings!
    If you don’t call that missing out, I don’t know what is…

Missing out on nightmares, you mean. There was a lot of creepy stuff in that display.

BtB posted the BFVA18 GBC video this morning. It’s 53+ minutes, so I haven’t watched the whole thing yet, but I have skipped through looking for highlights, so I’ll list them here for anybody who wants to check them out:

– At the 6:30 mark, they are talking about the BFVA18 event kit modules, and how (unlike typical of BWC) they were heavily decorated by the individual users, and they zoom in on mine, which has a blinking alien on the top of it. The light in the alien’s mouth is a through-hole LED connected to a Circuit Cubes battery by conductive tape (all courtesy of Rachel, of course).

– Around 19:00 Ian’s minecart module shows up. They don’t spend a whole lot of time on it and they don’t show the minecart actually going down the track. But it’s worth mentioning cause it’s a super impressive piece of work, and unlike last year, when it was new and mostly didn’t work all weekend, it worked quite well this time around. There’s also a BtB video on just that module from last year that might be worth looking up, although I have to admit that I have never watched it.

– Right around 31:00, they show a new module by a first-time builder that was easily the best new module of the event and I’d say one of the best I’ve ever seen.

– Around 34:00 they show one of KC’s modules that’s decorated with Galidor stuff. Still totally creepy. Wouldn’t’ve even mentioned it if it wasn’t for Micah, so blame him.

– At 43:43 they show my BWC event kit module. It wouldn’t be worth mentioning except that Todd from Classic Plastic Bricks, as a surprise gift, gave me a set of yellow 1×6 bricks with the old Steel City LUG logo engraved on them, and I put them on the module during public hours Sunday. (If I’m remembering correctly, he told me he gave Dan and Will the same thing, and donated a small version of Greg’s Pittsburgh bridge to the group, but that was the first I’d heard about all that.)

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar