Brickfest Live Pittsburgh

Home Forums LUG discussions Brickfest Live Pittsburgh

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

Thanks @rcgrier3406 for the photos. They are really helpful to get some perspective on the space and how we used it previously. I had thought I had taken some, but I can’t seem to find them for some reason.

If I can get a bigger space, I guess the question would be do we have some things already built that we could include quickly if we need to fill some dead space? Not something we need to immediately answer, but be prepared for if needed to fill some space. I have a few things built I could bring in a pinch.

Tim

Yes, I think we have a good amount of stuff. If I empty my Lego room, I can fill quite a bit and I know others could as well. @rcgrier3046 I would love to do a much expanded Diagon Alley scene (perhaps also encompassing some of London and Grimmauld Place as well).

Bob Grier
    Participant

@rcgrier3046 I would love to do a much expanded Diagon Alley scene (perhaps also encompassing some of London and Grimmauld Place as well).

Count me in for that @timf! I’ll plan on returning Grimmauld Place to you at Q1 since you’re going to be there.

I’d also like to bring the Incline out for this one, and incorporate a rail loop and some town buildings like we did at Ligonier Valley RR last spring!

Tim

I’d also like to bring the Incline out for this one, and incorporate a rail loop and some town buildings like we did at Ligonier Valley RR last spring!

Sounds great. Completing some more town buildings is on my “to do” list for this year. By November, we should have a good layout. And once Krista receives our space allocation from Chad, we can start working on various layout plans for the different theme sections.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I would like to bring the bridge again. I am starting work on an “upgrade” for it.

Dan
    Participant

Sounds fun to me! I can bring the monorail.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

Sounds fun to me! I can bring the monorail.

It put North Haverbrook on the map.

Krista K

Chad just had an announcement Zoom today for Philly Brick Fest and mentioned in passing that there will be a Pittsburgh stop in mid-September on the Brick Fest Live tour. There’s not anything on the website about it though. I’ll reach out to him and see about getting us involved.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Did he give a date more specific than mid-September?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

On a related note, Brickfair Virginia 2021 announced that it is still on for 1000 presenters. For now, indoor events in VA are capped at 1000 people. If restrictions ease, they might be able to allow the general public to attend on July 31/Aug 1.

Krista K

@bengood921 He did. He said September 11-12, but the Pittsburgh show’s not on the website.

Philly BrickFest is on for September 30 – October 3, but is limited to Hall A only. Registration starts on Friday.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Where exactly do they hold Philly BrickFest?

Krista K

Just an update. I reached out to Chad. They’re going to start promoting the Pittsburgh event soon, which will be in Monroeville. He’s interested in having the LUG display again. I put myself as the point of contact so I’ll keep you posted.

@greg
    PBF is in Oaks, PA, which is a little outside Philly.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Oaks PA is not far from King of Prussia shopping center, which has a LEGO store. 🙂

Krista K

Oaks PA is not far from King of Prussia shopping center, which has a LEGO store. 🙂

Very true! It’s also not far from the LEGOLAND Discovery Center in Plymouth Meeting, which is where they’ve done the opening ceremonies.

Will McDine
    Participant

Count me in! If I am reading this correct, projected date of the show is Sept, 11th and 12th? if that is the case I would like to do some kind of 9/11 tribute display. specifically because it falls on the 20th anniversary of the attack.

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar