Bricklink thread

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Bricklink thread

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Zemata
    Participant

Hey guys thought it might be nice to have a thread to talk about bricklink buying and selling. If you have any advice on running a BL store please post it here!

I just opened my own recently and made my first sale on some SW figs I’ll never use. Tell me what you think, LUG members who buy from me will get discounts 😀

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Zemata

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

If you have any advice on running a BL store please post it here!

Don’t. It’s a slippery slope.

But yeah, discounts all around! I’m hoping by January 1 to have my store fleshed out with a lot more stuff parted / sorted / organized, so if people are looking to build stuff, I’ll hopefully be a local resource for parts to make it happen.

Also, there seem to be some sellers around Pittsburgh that we have maybe not met yet… so far, I know the following BL users from the LUG:

Josh (Pittsburgh Bricks)
    Paul (Panda’s Technic Palace)
    Greg (ABS Bricks…. I see what you did there…)
    Matt (PittBricks)
    Evan (Pitt Bricks… come on, man!)

Going to try contacting the other Burgh-related stores and see if they’re interested in LUG stuff.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Greg (ABS Bricks…. I see what you did there…)

ABS = my wife’s initials, my REAL wife, they just happen to match the letters of my mistress’s initials: acrylonitrile butadiene styrene.

Bricklink is a time intense adventure. If you have plenty of spare time, go for it. If you are going to sell individual parts, (rather than sets,) you are more likely to attract buyers by selling large quantities slightly above the prices that people with small quantities have.

Tim

ABS = my wife’s initials, my REAL wife, they just happen to match the letters of my mistress’s initials: acrylonitrile butadiene styrene.

What a great coincidence! 😀

If you are going to sell individual parts, (rather than sets,) you are more likely to attract buyers by selling large quantities slightly above the prices that people with small quantities have.

As a buyer only on Bricklink, that is my experience. If I am looking for quantity, I am usually willing to pay above the average if I can get all the quantit of a part I need in one store(think 100+ minimum) because the number of sellers in quantity are usually small.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by Tim.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Gregory Schubert wrote:
    If you are going to sell individual parts, (rather than sets,) you are more likely to attract buyers by selling large quantities slightly above the prices that people with small quantities have.

As a buyer only on Bricklink, that is my experience. If I am looking for quantity, I am usually willing to pay above the average if I can get all the quatityt of a part I need (think 100+ minimum) because the number of sellers in quantity are usually small.

Also, I’d rather make one order for 1000 green cheese slopes and pay one shipping price than 10 orders for 100 green cheese slopes and pay shipping 10 times. This applies both to any given individual component, and your store as a whole – the more variety and quantity you offer, the more likely someone will run a wish list and find that you have everything they need (or at least most of it.)

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Tim, what’s your Bricklink name? Do you have a store set up (even a non-operational one)? Trying to figure out who the other Pitt / Burgh related store names are…

Tim

Tim, what’s your Bricklink name? Do you have a store set up (even a non-operational one)? Trying to figure out who the other Pitt / Burgh related store names are…

No, I do not have a store. I am strictly Buyer Only.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I have a store. It is not currently open. Originally it was called Ben’s Funland Legos but I had to change it when they made the “can’t use Lego in your name” rule. When I moved to my current house I closed it and it has not been open since. Either because I didn’t change my name properly, or because of inactivity, it was eventually deleted. This means that to reopen, I have to relist all the parts individually. I can no longer just part out the sets because too many pieces have been sold already, I’d have to go back through every order and subtract them all out – my store was open for several years. I spent hours and hours on it in May 2012 (I watched more than eight seasons of Frasier on Netflix while I worked on it) and still only did a small part of it. Eventually I’ll get it to it, but other stuff (such as building train displays) have taken priority.

The new store name is The Lucky Jack Funtime Company – “All the awesomeness, twice the fun!”

(Yes, I ripped that off from Jolt Cola, for those of you who remember the 80’s).

Tim

“all the sugar and twice the caffeine”. :-). I only ever had Jolt Cola once. I think it kept me up for 24 hours at least.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Hello! I was going to create a thread, but then I found this. So I’ve got a Bricklink question. I’m looking to buy random minifig parts to create random minifigs. Does anyone know any stores where they sell cheap used/new minifigs and/or minifig parts? They could sell 400 of the same head like it doesn’t matter if all of the minifigs look similar, I’m just looking to make a lot of random minifigs. I find this is my biggest problem with Bricklink because I never know if I’m looking at the right store, or if there’s one that would better serve my needs.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

It would be easier to buy a bunch of minifigs from an eBay auction. The kids usually have already scrambled the minifigs for you. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar