Building Ideas

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Building Ideas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I know that one resource that we have in great abundance is ideas for things to build, but I was at the Strip District today and the place is just screaming to be recreated in LEGO parts. These pictures don’t do it justice, but certainly this area has to be a recognizable Pittsburgh treasure.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

I’ve kicked around some preliminary ideas for a Wholey’s with the fish mosaic on the side. I agree, the Strip District would be perfect for our eventual “Bricksburgh” display.

Josh
    Keymaster

That’s actually a new idea to me. I’ve always tossed out doing anything Pittsburgh due to the triangular grid, but the Strip might just have enough character to pull off a good basis for us to start a decent town layout while keeping it pretty easy to replicate.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I’ve always tossed out doing anything Pittsburgh due to the triangular grid

Because Josh is a chicken. This is why God created hinged plates and bricks.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Also, I am still toying with the idea of making “The Claw” from a familiar PIXAR movie. I’ve looked for ideas for the actual grabbing mechanism and I’ve noticed that this technic excavator: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=42006-1 has a pretty sweet mechanism. If anyone has suggestions, I am open to ideas.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Any chance that the downtown area could be done as a mosaic? This might not be a good fit, because as Josh mentioned, there will be major challenges with the triangular nature of the point. However, Copenhagen isn’t exactly laid out like Wash. DC but Ulrik Hansen managed to make a map of his city of choice:

Microscale map of the city of Copenhagen

So, I was just wondering if there was a contingency plan for all the mosaic parts / colored plates … and if not, should we consider developing a plan for those plates?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am adding this idea to my long list of things to build: a house that appears to be overrun by climbing plants.

I’d wager that Aaron Gomez could do great things with this idea. 🙂

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar