CMFs 2020

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

OK…the new CMF releases are already coming so I figured I would start a new thread for 2020. I will be buying a box of each wave this year most likely. I usually keep 2 sets so 1 is usually up for grabs. If you are interested in the first wave (DC Characters), let me know. I still have parts of the last wave in 2019 available. I do not have the inventory in front of me so PM me if you need something.

In case you are not up on the 2020 updates, these CMFs are now $4.99 each MSRP. Seems a bit high to me but you know, it is what it is. TLG is really focusing on the AFOL here. I believe most folks in the store will pass on a $4.99 minifigure when they can get a polybag (usually with a minifigure) for like $3.99 or $4.99 and the added play value of a vehicle or something with it. Heck, I bought a set at the Lego store on sale the other day for like $6. I would rather buy my kids that rather than a CMF at this price point. Just my opinion.

Brickset Reviews of the DC wave:

https://brickset.com/article/47541/review-71026-dc-super-heroes-collectable-minifigures-(part-1)

https://brickset.com/article/47595/review-71026-dc-super-heroes-collectable-minifigures-(part-2)

Youtube lovers might like the Jang Bricks Pre-Review:

Jim Rolfe
    Participant
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Robinson Walmart had the DC Minifigures on the shelf for $5 this morning. First one in the area I have seen them at. Interesting, they stacked them in the middle of a Trolls Lego display right in between two boxes of the Poppy Polybag (also $5 and comes with a fairly big build for a polybag….so yes, TLG raised the polybag prices as well from $4 to $5). Some of those Trolls Legos seem overpriced but with the licensing charge I can see why. There were two $20 sets; one at ~100 pieces and one at ~150. Seems like they could have priced that different but who I am to say.

I would say most people with a kid should probably consider the cost of a minifigure now. I would try to steer my kids to the polybag, with minifigure, and build, for the same price.
    You make the call. Enjoy!

Either way, I still have a full set plus of the DC minifigures if anyone is interested. Otherwise, happy bag feeling.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

April release coming. I will order a box. Many new elements and some standout figs!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Rich Millich
    Participant

I now have some of these figs for free, as an associate at work is giving me his spares, with more likely. Since I’m not interested in them, I’m willing to trade. I have:

2 of the Kid Batman
    1 Cheetah
    and 1 Jay Garrick Flash

None have packaging, as he has opened them before giving them to me.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I grabbed a box of the Series 20 so I will have 1 extra set and some extra figs based on distribution below. Message me if you want a full set or one or two of the extras. Lego on!

3 – Piñata Boy
    3 – Breakdancer
    4 – Pea Pod Costume Girl
    5 – Tournament Knight
    4 – Pirate Girl
    4 – Space Fan
    3 – Llama Costume Girl
    3 – Viking
    5 – Super Warrior
    4 – Martial Arts Boy
    3 – Athlete
    5 – Marine Biologist
    4 – Brick Costume Guy
    3 – 80s Musician
    3 – Pyjama Girl
    4 – Drone Boy

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Obviously Potter Heads already saw the post but the CMF Series 2 is coming. I am ordering a box and there is usually at least one extra full set. I have not seen box distribution but if you want a set, let me know. I should have at least one extra.

LEGO Harry Potter Minifigure Series 2 Officially Confirmed For September!

Also, the HP blister pack is in the store. I grabbed one when I went last week. Great way to build a Hogwarts army as you get generic bodies from the houses and you can just swap out faces and hair.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/hogwarts-students-acc-set-40419

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I spied the latest CMF release at Target today. They had several registers with the new Harry Potter figs, at least in Cranberry. $5/each

Happy Hunting!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I have several HP Figs if anyone is looking:

1 Full set

1 Partial set (minus Ginny Weasley)

1-Harry
    1-Hermoine
    2-Griphhook
    2-Luna

Unfortunately they are all $5.25/ea but it saves you the searching!

Let me know…otherwise, Happy Hunting!

These box distributions are no longer even.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar