Custom LEGO City / Town / Institution Names

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Custom LEGO City / Town / Institution Names

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Rich Millich
    Participant

Okay. @willmcdine and I were discussing Police and Fire, and we got around to his Brick Tree EMS ambulance company and hospital.

So I ask you, builders one and all:

What new company names, neighborhood names, custom company names, and other things have you come up with, and why?

For example, we came up with South Slopes, based on the part. My mind went into overdrive. Maybe two main roadways with connecting streets intentionally slanted, creating a two level effect, easier for an audience to spot everything. Beachside, so it can spread forward another plate or two… High class sounding on top of that…

I chose “Platesboro”, since I build with plates a ton, and I have a couple of custom companies in mind.

So, if you had to name your City, Town, Train line, hospital, office building, school, convenience store, whatever, post your crazy ideas here.

Rich Millich
    Participant

See, now I want to convert set Corner Deli, set 31050, which I have, into Chéz, a gourmet grilled cheese shop with… uh… grilled cheese parts all around it. You know, the 1×2 slopes with slots in them.

Could I build the lettering…

Chéz, sir?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The school where my youngest son is enrolled is nicknamed Brick City, partly because of how a lot the buildings and walkways on are made of the same bricks, some with multi-story windowless walls.

https://www.rit.edu/fa/diningservices/brick-city-caf%C3%A9#1

https://www.rit.edu/brickcity/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

BRICKSBURGH seems like an easy one for us.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

My son attends a school that was nicknamed Brick City because of the uniform material with which both the buildings and walkways were produced.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rich Millich
    Participant

BRICKSBURGH seems like an easy one for us.

Well yeah, for the overall City, yeah Bricksburgh is a gimme, and really close to the Bricksburg of The LEGO Movie. If there’s any LUG that could claim that, it’s us.

But would we want to overall? I’m not so sure I’d want the LUG to drift toward that particular creative gravity well. Overall collaborative logistics is not even my intent of this thread, actually. Yet.

This is why I’m kinda kicking around other references so builders can latch onto whatever sounds cool to them.

Rich Millich
    Participant

How about a 2 x 4 Hardware Store, in reference to the marquee LEGO brick? (And that rhymes. Catchy.)

I also ran across this tile: North Compass Tile These four tiles could be good logos for a shop of some kind. North Wind Clothing Store. Southern Cross Bike Shop (maybe with that funky 3×3 cross tile). Wild West Boot Company. Eastern Explorers and Exports. That kind of thing.

Just tossing out City/Town MOC ideas that I’ll probably never get to for other City/Town builders to pick up and run with.

Ideas could come from parts, stickers, part types, LEGO lines of the past or present, anything LEGO really… Or not! Rule of Cool.

By the way, @joshhall, I still have that black-medium blue-LBG brick built “GOB” sign and logo. Any time you want it. It’s pretty big though, befitting a monolithic building.

Rich Millich
    Participant

Another idea slapped me in the forehead:

Heeeey, idea: a Lazer Tag arena for a City/Town build called Glow Zone! Figs with fluorescent vests in a little maze with a counter and vending machines in the lobby. The maze would be mostly black, but with fluorescing tiles at the edges of the angular obstacles. UV lights inside. Industrial looking struts across the ceiling. Scoreboard inside. Two “bases” to defend. Recharge stations during each game. I used to play this pretty seriously.

Rich Millich
    Participant

@randomdan: The Clip ‘n Bar

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Duplicity?

Rich Millich
    Participant

Duplicity?

Sounds… suspicious. Ultra Agents x City x Duplo? 🙂

Rich Millich
    Participant

Jumper Indoor Skydiving, in reference to the jumper plate?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar