Daily Bugle and City Bank

Home Forums MOCs Daily Bugle and City Bank

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

The pictures didn’t come out as good as I had hoped, but all’n’all I’m happy with the outsides of the buildings. Let me know what you think…

Joe
    Participant

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96330274@N08/
    I couldn’t get them to load on the forum but the link above should work.

Dan
    Participant

Yeah I’ve had trouble uploading too. There’s a size limit (I think 10MBs?) on attachments, so I just resize my shots to a lower resolution (not sure if that’s the problem you’re encountering, but something to try!).

Anyway I love the build! My favorite part has to be the newspaper stands out front!

Josh
    Keymaster

Yeah, sorry about the file size limit, it seems to be snagging new users. right below the attachment box, you should see this: “Maximum file size allowed is 1200 KB.”

It’s there to prevent a thread full of pictures causing 1)page load problems for users and 2)a lot of traffic from the server. Average picture sizes these days are around 4MB or more when they’re copied right from cameras. Take a scenario where everyone is posting 3 pictures each of something their building for a group build, and we’re looking at 100MB pages! So yes, Dan has the right solution, just resize it. Eventually, I’ll work on a plugin that resizes it for you (or, dan can, now that he has his masters:) )

Anyway, thanks for sharing! Certainly something to be proud of, and perhaps something to be winterized for the town display? We’ll see. Also, glad to see you on flickr. Remember to add things to the steel city lug group!

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Dan, I wanted to put Daily Bugle Newspaper tiles in, but as you know those little suckers are not cheap and I was way OVER budget on the build. Hopefully I’ll get them in before the toy/train expo.

Joe
    Participant

Josh, no need to apologies, having a size limit makes perfect sense. I did Tag SCLUG on flickr, I’m hoping to take some betting looking pics of the buildings soon. If these are something SCLUG is interesting in using for the winter display, I’m sure I could find a way to winterize them.

Tim

Joe, those are really nice buildings. We definitely would want to get those into the winter display.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I concur. We’re gonna need to start evaluating the space available and what we have to fill it… but that’s a discussion for Evan’s thread (Greenberg Toy & Train Show).

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Joe, those are really nice buildings.

Agreed, I like the Daily Bugle and bank. Do you need Spiderman set minifigs to go with it?

Duncan
    Participant

Those are really nice. And I love the Bank.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

He recently posted another one here:

Unknown Town Building

He told me last Dec that his plan in 2014 was to build a buiding a month. Then his second child was born and that went out the window (see also: Josh Hall). Other than this pic, I have not heard from him much lately and I don’t know if he’s coming tomorrow.

Joe
    Participant

Thanks, Duncan…. You’ll have to check them out at our next town display. Are you a town/modular guy?

Joe
    Participant

He told me last Dec that his plan in 2014 was to build a buiding a month. Then his second child was born and that went out the window (see also: Josh Hall). Other than this pic, I have not heard from him much lately and I don’t know if he’s coming tomorrow.

Ben,
    First I want to say Congratulations on the Brickfair Award (you’re the man)! This is the first building (www.brickcitydepot.com) I’ve found time to build this year. I’m a little behind on my yearly quota, lol. Between adding Emma (our third child) to our family and my hectic work schedule I’ve found very little time for building. But the good news is, my work should be calming down and I now have nearly 80% of my collection sorted. So building should be gearing up here in Uniontown, at least I hope. See you tonight….

Duncan
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Duncan wrote:</div>

Thanks, Duncan…. You’ll have to check them out at our next town display. Are you a town/modular guy?

Hi Joe! I look forward to seeing them. I am very much a town guy. My budget does not allow modular just yet. I also cross over vehicles from Marvel and DC sets. I currently have a small bank from 6864, The Museum from 60008, and dock house I’ve been building up and customizing from 60009. And The Forrest Police station from 4440. Since I can’t swing large building, I was going for more of a small rural lakeside town. I hope to add a few more in the future. Any tips of good sets to check out?

Joe
    Participant

Duncan,

That’s one of the best parts about this hobby, you can go big or small and do still great things. If you’re into customizing/building up set check out 31026 Bike Shop & Café, I think this set has potential. The rural lakeside town sound pretty neat, look forward to seeing some pics.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar