Deck the Halls (deadline 11/26)

Home Forums LUG discussions Deck the Halls (deadline 11/26)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

It’s time to deck the halls. This is your chance to showcase your holiday display, past or present. Whether your merry MOC, favorite cheerful set, or just a happy little tree, all submissions are welcome.

Either post your pictures here, include a link to Flickr, or tag steelcitylug on Instagram by Thanksgiving (11/26).

Pictures will be shared on Instagram and Facebook throughout December.

Holiday not your thing? Next theme is winter. A new thread will be posted around Thanksgiving.

David Bacon
    Participant

My office display from last year. I won second place in the office vote for best display.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

We once had a holiday door decorating contest at school. I took the door off its hinges and used it as a LEGO train table and won!

Regardless, I was thinking of getting a team of reindeer from this year’s winter village sets. Would you speculate that the bricklink price will increase or decrease from where it is currently? I suppose it depends on whether the reindeer eventually appear in another set.

Josh
    Keymaster

I was going to build a deck this past spring, but the code office was too backlogged so I scrapped it. If yinz want to deck the hall’s house, we can do some outdoor meetings in 2021! just sayin.

Krista K

@joshhall

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Krista K.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Krista K.
    Attachments:
    John S
    Participant

Here is the start to the Singer’s winter village. My scale is about 3/4 modular size. We don’t have a ton of space so I feel that’s a good compromise for us.

Modified Winter Village Fire Station.
    Hogwarts Clock Tower turned Christmas Chapel.
    Blacked out Hogwarts Express

Update:
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/191217110@N04/10929W

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by John S.
    Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I really like the chapel created from the Hogwarts clocktower and I did not recognize the Hogwarts Express in all black. What do you think about building a big Christmas tree in the center of your village?

This reminds me, @timf, what is the current long term plan for the Santa HQ?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    John S
    Participant

Originally I was going to use the entire clock tower, but it was just too big and out of scale.

The tender is extended and not original to the set. There’s just something about an all black train I like.

This is the start to my winter Lego city, I just built the table recently. But this year we’re still going to put everything under our tree.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I like the clock tower set, but the chapel is a better choice.

I like the spoked wheels on the train. It used to be you had to buy them custom made.

It sounds like you WILL have a big tree in the middle of your village. 🙂

Tom Frost
    Participant

Here is the start to the Singer’s winter village

Looks great John!

Tom Frost
    Participant

Not a new MOC, but this hasn’t been shared on Instagram, @knb112

Reindeer? Where we're going, we don't need any reindeer.

David H Donley
    Participant

My Christmas display. Not sure if I am posting the images correctly.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmSomtLN

20201125_135043

My Christmas Display

David H Donley
    Participant

My Christmas display.

20201125_135043

My Christmas Display

Krista K

Thanks everyone for all the excellent submissions! It’s awesome seeing all of your displays. It’s starting to feel like Christmas already.

I realized that I hadn’t had my full display together since 2015, but here’s a shot from way back. I’ve added quite a few sets, mocs, and figs since then. Hopefully I’ll get back to it next year. (it’s too tempting for my toddler this year)

@tfdesigns
    I genuinely appreciate the caption on your sleigh build. ?

Attachments:
    Tim

what is the current long term plan for the Santa HQ?

It is still together and in storage in my garage. I thought about taking it apart but current projects and ideas don’t require any of the pieces in there so I will likely keep it together for now. I may redo a few of the interior rooms to update it but overall I think it still looks good.

John S
    Participant

Here’s some updated photos now that our Christmas tree is up and the village setup around it. Hopefully some better pictures than the other day…

John S
    Participant

Updated photos now that we have the tree up in our house and the village around it.

John S
    Participant

Not sure what’s going on with my posts, but here the link to a Flickr album.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmSqQQwc

Updated since we put the tree up today and everything is now in place. Thanks!

David H Donley
    Participant

I tried posting twice with my flickr link and I was unable to post.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmSomtLN

David H Donley
    Participant

Three of my posts keep getting deleted. Just now I posted successfully. So then I tried to add my flickr link and my post was deleted. This is fun.

Krista K

@lunch36 I had that problem too a few months ago. If you just want to DM the link that works too. I did also see a tag from you on Instagram.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar