Discord Build nights 2023

Home Forums LUG discussions Discord Build nights 2023

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Mitch
    Participant

I just wanted to put our a feeler on what days are best for discord build nights and try to set up a recurring online meetup.

For our second trial Discord Build Night I am going to try on Saturday night January 21st 2023. This will provide a good opportunity to get your builds ready for the displays on the 28th and chat with the group while doing so!

I am thinking of doing them 1-2 time a month, probably on the weekend/friday night times but I have a simple tool assess when the best day is. Also please give feedback on frequency of this event as I am just guessing at what we might want.

Please also fill out this link here (enter your name, click sign in, then select days of the week that usually work for you on the left ). This will give me an idea of the best days and times of the week.

I will also drop the link in discord so don’t fill it out twice by accident! Thanks! and I look forward to building with you all over on Discord!

Will McDine
    Participant

I went through and filled that out. If my schedule changes to all 8 hour shifts I will be available on the weekends in the early evenings (between like 1700 and 1900 hrs). Also I will not be available on 01/21. I will be stomping around Walt Disney World in the Magic Kingdom.

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

I am in for this night! Probably more piece organizing.

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Along with this, I received a Lego calendar for Christmas this year and every day has a build challenge. I have a channel created in the Discord called #daily-calendar-builds and I will post the challenge of the day and any corresponding pics I have and anyone else can do!

I did day 02 (Sphere) and 07/08 (5 pointed Star). Come challenge yourself!

Mitch
    Participant

Just a reminder that build night is tonight starting now! come hope in 🙂

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m in, but I’m not sure where we go once we’re in the Steel City LUG section of Discord.

Mitch
    Participant

Setting the build nights to be recurring every other Saturday night at 7pm.

Feb 4th
    Feb 18th
    March 4th

We can adjust or add more as people are interested!
    please let me know if you would like help with discord.

Mitch
    Participant

Discord build night last night went fantastic, thanks to everyone who made it out.

Two new members joined for their first discord build night;
    Thomas got some more of his monke kid set finished, Mark got a great bit of the jazz club done,

Josh got his Lego space sorted and cleaned, Logan got familiar with the scale for his mech, Jonny built some of the 90th anniversary set, Micah got some sorting out of the way, Kyle made Stud.Io upset and had it crash a bunch, and Kevin and cam hopped in a for a brief hello.

Overall we had a great showing. I finished dissembling my moc from the Ross park mall show 🙂

See you all in 2 weeks!

Tom Frost
    Participant

I keep meaning to do this, and keep missing it. One of these weeks…

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I had hoped to be there this past Saturday and I didn’t make it 🙁 Two weeks from now Rachel and I will be on a trip to New England to visit friends, but two weeks after that I should be around.

Mitch
    Participant

this past Saturday and I didn’t make it

No worries! Have fun in England and we’ll see you when you’re back 🙂

I keep meaning to do this, and keep missing it. One of these weeks…

whenever you make it will be great! seems like it might be a good time to bang out some rovers 😉

Mitch
    Participant

just reminder the next build night is tomorrow night!

Will McDine
    Participant

If I end up not getting OT for tomorrow night I might join. Will likely need to leave a bit early for work though.

Will McDine
    Participant

Sorry for abruptly leaving tonight. I had to get off to prepare or work. For what its worth I had a very enjoyable time tonight. I will likely plan to attend in the future

Mitch
    Participant

Thanks for coming will! was nice to have you there, don’t forget you can always drop this kind of message in the discord 🙂

Dan
    Participant

Subbed for reminders

EpcotBricks
    Participant

Hope to join the next one!

Mitch
    Participant

Updated schedule for future build nights:

March 18th 7pm
    April 1st 7pm
    April 15th 7pm
    April 29th 7pm

Is there any interest in doing a may the 4th build night from like 8-10 ? It’s a Thursday night!

As always, these are just our structured nights, feel free to reach out about last minute build nights, we have had a couple of those with great turnouts!

Mitch
    Participant

Reminder to everyone that build night is tonight from 7-whenever Logan stops building 😉 come join and build, sort, or just hang out!

Mitch
    Participant

Reminder there is a build night tonight (not an April fools joke I promise )

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’ve decided to keep this post short, because otherwise it risks being the dumbest post I’ve ever made, which is saying something. (It might still be the dumbest post I’ve ever made.)

I’m thinking of attending the May 27 Build Night. I have just under 103 gallons of unsorted Lego, stored in 7 containers, and estimated at approximately 130000 pieces. Is anybody interested in witnessing the spectacle of me dumping it all into a giant pile on the floor so that I can sort it all by color? If so, and if I can get the Lego room adequately cleared, I will do it on May 27. (If not, I could also do it on June 4, but having a deadline has been helping me keep focused on cleaning the room, and meaningful progress has been made.)

Kyle2022
    Participant

I am interested in that but you have to make a Lego snow angle if you do lol

Logan C
    Participant

Haha that sounds fun I’m excited to see it!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

So it looks like this is happening. Frost texted me today to say that he and Jonah volunteer to come over and help sort next Saturday. So I have been working diligently (and by ‘diligently’, I mean ‘with occasional breaks to check the internet’) on cleaning up the Lego Room. Progress is being made.

The Build Nights are scheduled to start at 7pm, and we’re gonna wanna get right to it, so I expect to be dumping parts on the floor by 7:15. Sorry, no snow angels. I’ll post some pics of the containers later tonight, and maybe some pics of the old piles over on the What’s Ben Building thread.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Here’s a couple preview pics I took, over on the side of the room that’s been cleaned up. I put a couple minifigs on top for reference (also, that’s an 8′ banquet table behind the containers).

Previously, my largest sort was in 2013. For that one, I stored the parts in the same type of containers used here, so I can say with confidence that, by volume, this one is roughly triple the size. In 2013, I did the sort (again, by color only) in almost exactly 48 hours, breaking only for things like eating and sleeping, and I had a helper for the first six hours. So, you can do the recreational math on that one if you want to.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar