Don

Home Forums Introductions Don

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Don
    Participant

Hey first post just looking around Trying to figure things out

Tom Frost
    Participant

Hey Don, welcome to the group!

Tell us a little about yourself…what brings you here, what do you like to build, what part of the area are you located?

Don
    Participant

Oh Like to build lots of things. I’m working on a little cathedral. I like to build Trees, mini Robots (not powered) Cars + Trucks, Spaceships and some odd things.

I live in Penn Hills
    I can’t remember what brought ne here 😛

Krista K

Welcome Don! Do you have any pictures?

Tom Frost
    Participant

I have never been very good at trees. You should post some pictures when you get a chance.

Cars and trucks and Sci fi are right up my alley though! My wife and I are both Penn Hills alum, now we are in the North Hills.

Don
    Participant

I would love to post some pictures. But I am terrible at taking pics, they always turn out poorly.
    Is there a thread “Tips for photographing Lego builds” ?

Krista K

I would love to post some pictures. But I am terrible at taking pics, they always turn out poorly.
    Is there a thread “Tips for photographing Lego builds” ?

It’s all good. They don’t have to be professional quality. We’re doing these sessions where we teach each other things we know well. We jut had a session where Mitch (@mitchsbricks) covered just taking better pictures. I personally missed it, but if there’s enough interest maybe he can run it again. (As an aside Mitch, that might also make a good YouTube video).

Rich Millich
    Participant

I’m interested in your tree building techniques as well. Getting a good brick built tree is something lots of builders struggle with.

Mitch
    Participant

if there’s enough interest maybe he can run it again.

Would be happy to run it again! I can potentially also use the proper photo studio at CMU to teach in… might make a thread about this and have to do some more research but bottom line is I would definitely teach another class.

Cameron Kennedy
    Participant

Hi Don welcome!! Glad to have you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar