East Broad Top In Lego

Home Forums Off Topic East Broad Top In Lego

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    wjohns19
    Participant

I wanted to know if anyone wanted to collaborate making the East Broad Top Railroad’s engines or anything else from it out of legos

I have made engine #12 digitally already
    I have made the mine carts physically already

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I have never heard of this museum before, but it appears that it is located near Breezewood, and they have a website …

Robertsdale Museum

Josh
    Keymaster

Hi,

Have pictures of what you’ve done already?

wjohns19
    Participant

to explain, i have pictures of lego engine 12, but for the minecarts, i got them for christmas, still have to build them and not allowed to open them until christmas

here are some pictures of engine 12

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    wjohns19
    Participant

I made this in Mecabricks, as I made a lego version of 484 northern that sits in montana this summer and ran out of money, but very good news,

I have a talent for vectorization:

basically a vectorized file is a special digital outline that uses math instead of pizels to define the image quality, basically if you zoom in on the image, it never loses quality because the printer/program drew the line instead of making an approximation with pixels

that in mind, I have done something never done before:

as in the crocodile locomotive set, you have the train, the stand, and the erecting drawing placard

for my lego version of the great northern S2 2584; still exists in Havre, Montana a static display of what was once a high speed(100 mph) oil burner, I have the train, the stand and the placard; but the best part of the placard is that it is a vectorized version of the original baldwin erecting drawing I got from the 1938 locomotive cyclopedia and the placard is very nice on an 8×16 black tile seen below

to get to context, I am going to help digitize the EBT files next summer hopefully and in exchange for my free labor next summer, I am going to ask for high res digital scans of the EBT baldwin drawings so I can make placards of those rare drawings(through a complicated series of events the EBT is the only ones on earth who have baldwin erecting drawings of their engines); and to help out I will give them back the vectorized file for free so they can recooperate more money for their restoration projects(the special type of file can be put on hats t-shirsts, engravings, etc)

to where I baought such a placard; it was only 20 dollars but I did the set-up/design around 35 for him to do it; go to Marc from https://millionprints.com/ and tell him William sent you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

I like the design work. Looking at the website there are a few pictures there. If the RR is looking at doing an event at some point, we could consider that (we do one each May in Latrobe for the Ligonier Valley Model Railroad club).

wjohns19
    Participant

I am confused by what you mean by that last statement about events.

wjohns19
    Participant

what do u mean by “If the RR is looking at doing an event at some point, we could consider that (we do one each May in Latrobe for the Ligonier Valley Model Railroad club).”

wjohns19
    Participant

what do u mean by “If the RR is looking at doing an event at some point, we could consider that (we do one each May in Latrobe for the Ligonier Valley Model Railroad club).”

I am just confused by what you are referring to

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The LUG travels to events held by different organizations, for example the Carnegie Science Center, the Cranberry Library and the Western PA Trolley Museum. Assuming that “The Friends of the East Broad Top Museum” might have an annual event open to the public, the LUG could display LEGO models that are related to the theme. But honestly, it seems like the sheer distance from Pittsburgh is a major deterrent.

wjohns19
    Participant

The Museum(not RR but helps) has its own events, and the RR is very resistant to change, while their Marketing director Johnathan Smith, who is harder to get a direct answer than Jen Psaki, I talked to and he said no about making custom EBT Lego sets and mocs and selling them and even said no to lego events about the EBT

wjohns19
    Participant

any digital collaboration would be appreciated

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar