Greetings

Home Forums Introductions Greetings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Asha Seshan
    Participant

I joined many days ago, but neglected to make a post. I never had any LEGO as a child, so no “dark period” for me. I was introduced to LEGO because of my sons (who are already in the group).

My husband and I are both heavily involved in volunteering at LEGO robotics competitions – mostly FIRST LEGO League – which uses MINDSTORMS and Technic for the most part.We have been judges for almost a decade. If your children ever want to learn more about the competition, please reach out.

I enjoy seeing how LEGO has been able to transform lives of kids (and adults). It certainly changed my entire family. I tend to spend a lot of time around LEGO. I have been honored to get to join my sons in some of their adventures and meet a lot of inspiring builders (and programmers). For me, LEGO and MINDSTORMS will always be “more than a toy” because I have seen the impact it has.

Thanks for creating such an awesome LEGO community. I have really enjoyed hanging out with several members at a couple of events already.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Hi, Asha! Hope to see you and the family at an event soon – I’ve missed a lot lately due to work and personal reasons.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Hi Asha. Did any of the members you hung out with at recent events mention the upcoming Q3 meeting? It’s a good way to meet lots of members and get oriented to the group.

Asha Seshan
    Participant

Yes, we heard about the Quarterly meeting. I know Sanjay and Arvind really want to attend. Seshans will do our best.

We actually run an FRC robotics team out in Sharon, PA every Saturday (all day). I think the LUG meeting is all day going past dinner.

If Josh is okay with it, we might be able to come very fashionably late (dinner time). Unfortunately, we cannot cancel that FRC meeting – we finally got our meeting space this week and now have only 5 weekends to build a robot (metal, 125lb). We don’t want the team to lose out on a days work….even if the Seshans love LEGO. 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Asha Seshan.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar