Greetings and Salutations

Home Forums Introductions Greetings and Salutations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin
    Participant

Hello All!! My name is Benjamin and I just moved to the Pittsburgh area about 2 months ago for work. I am an architect, and yes, Lego’s were probably the single most influential force behind my career choice. I really enjoy collecting Star Wars and Mixels sets as well as random other cool ones. I have only just started modeling/designing in Lcad (when i have time). This is the first time I’ve ever met any fellow AFOL’ers (I’m 36) and I look forward to meeting you and becoming involved in the local community.

David H Donley
    Participant

Welcome!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Hi, Ben! If you haven’t already explored and found this info, there’s a build day this Saturday (good chance to meet people and get involved) where we’ll be doing some final work leading up to the Greenberg Train Show the following weekend. There are a few other displays in Nov/Dec, as well.

Josh
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin! Are you here working for a firm? Another one of our members, Zach, is studying at CMU to be an architect. What part of the area did you land in?

Pete
    Participant

Hi Benjamin

Greg Schubert
    Participant

What part of the area did you land in?

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that Ben the architect lives along 376 somewhere, probably Monroeville.

Josh
    Keymaster

What part of the area did you land in?

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that Ben the architect lives along 376 somewhere, probably Monroeville.

…but…how can you…he didn’t even…what makes you…what do you know that I don’t….

Benjamin
    Participant

Hi Josh. I work for an architecture firm in the Strip District called AE-7. We do most of out work overseas in Dubai, UAE. Architecture doesn’t have specific fields of study such as medicine. You usually become specialized in whatever field your first firm does most of its work in. For AE-7 that would be high end residential and hospitality. My favorite fields are residential, civic, industrial and religious.

Benjamin
    Participant

Ha… I actually live in Bloomfield, only about 10 minutes from where I work.

Benjamin
    Participant

And thanks Matt. Unfortunately I can’t make it this weekend as I will be working…we have our final drawing set due for a building permit on Wednesday 🙁 But I am going to attend the Greenberg event in two weeks.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Ok well I was wrong, but it was a long shot. Benjamin the R2D2 architect is actually Matt’s neighbor.

Here is someone else we should invite to our club meetings:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Bloomfield? I’m just across the bridge from ya! Our dearly departed friend @dc221803 used to lock down the Lawrenceville area for us, so it’s good to have some fresh blood in the East End. Haven’t heard from @zaximillian over in Highland Park in a while, or @erunaamo either – he’s around Squirrel Hill. But @randomdan is in Dirty South Oakland and will be dominating Greenberg with monorail excellence, so you’ll get to meet at least one person who lives near you then! (I may be out of town and miss Greenberg – still in limbo on that one.)

Definitely try to get in on the PA Trolley Museum event as well if you can, Benjamin. It’s super fun and they go all out for the kids – trolley rides with Santa, hot chocolate and cookies, and of course our awesome display. And since it runs for three weekends, hopefully many of our group can at least get out there for one shift to check it out!

@greg
    – is she local?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

is she local?

No idea. What are the chances? I just came across this ad today and thought it was cute.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Oh, pretty slim chances. Still, maybe we should stalk her online and find out? I know a guy with mad online stalking skillz…

Zach Bauer
    Participant

Hi Benjamin. I’m an architecture student in the group and looking forward to meeting you. I sort of disappeared to Australia for a few months to study abroad but will be back in December.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar