Greetings Local Lego Folks!

Home Forums Introductions Greetings Local Lego Folks!

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Valerie
    Participant

Hi y’all, I’m Valerie (Val for short) and I live in Bloomfield.

Recently I exited my dark age after recovering my childhood collection from family down in Texas, and it was like reconnecting with a long lost friend. Since rebuilding a couple of the old sets I had instruction booklets for, I was quickly longing for more of a challenge. I’m a big fan of the classic 9V train system and have begun construction on a functional town with an integrated railway and associated industry features. Still got a long way to go, lol. Figured I’d get involved with the local community if yinz’ll have me, and I look forward to contributing pieces of my progress over time!

See ya around :~)

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Welcome! I can probably see your house from mine! (I’m just across the Bloomfield Bridge…)

We have a bunch of train-ers. You juuuust missed the PA Trolley Museum Summer Trolley display, but keep an eye out for threads about Greenberg’s Toy & Train Show – sounds like we may not do the show this month, but we always do the one in November. Typically, we also have a display at the Santa Trolley event at the museum, and often a Punkin Trolley display too.

There are plenty of other upcoming meetings and events, as well – not all are train-centered, but we usually find ways to incorporate anyone’s interests in pretty much any display we do…

Fayette County Fair (it’s a hike from the city, but a fun time to hang out)

Quarterly meeting / LUG Birthday Party in August (this one’s always super fun!)

Build challenge for Q3

etc.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Val, if you are interested in sharing your town plan, LUG members would be interested in seeing it. 🙂

Pete
    Participant

Hi Val

Krista K

Hi Val! Welcome to the group. Look forward to meeting you soon. ?

Tim

Hi Val. Good to have another Town and Train person in the group! Matt did a great rundown of upcoming events. I highly recommend attending the Third Quarter LUG Meeting as it is the LUG’s annual birthday meeting. Lots of cool stuff happening and it is a great way to meet lots of people. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

Will McDine
    Participant

Welcome Val! Can’t wait to see your City and its Progress!

Rich Millich
    Participant

It’s true; this LUG has some serious trainheads. As far as industrial features combined with trains, Dan Walker, @randomdan, is all about that, as that’s his line of work. Honestly though, there is so much creativity floating around that almost anybody could have ideas to work with.

We are still developing some LUG-wide standards for collaborative displays, and we also have specific brick in some cases to support these standards. You might want to ask about the MILS standard for building reinforced baseplates and the train track standards that are being discussed. Maybe you’re the one that can come up with railway crossing and signage standards, which hasn’t been discussed to the best of my knowledge.

I find architectural motifs and standards structurally interesting, and I’m a big fan of well thought color blocking. I’m interested to see what your plan is for 9V, as I am completely unfamiliar with powering anything.

Welcome to the LUG!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I am not a train buff but do appreciate the look when I see it! Welcome!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar