Has anyone heard of this place?

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Has anyone heard of this place?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Whiteside
    Participant

I think this place in Illinois is run by the guy who started the architecture series.

Home

Does anyone know anything about it? I’m wondering if it’s worth the trip.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Matt Redfield. Reason: formatting (was hovering over Josh's post)
    Josh
    Keymaster

@bengood921 was there

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

It’s at the Woodfield Mall, which is only about 5 minutes away from where they do BrickWorld Chicago. (The mall has a Lego store and it’s also only about 20 minutes from Rachel’s house, so I was already familiar with it before the museum opened.)

Adam Reed Tucker did a ‘soft opening’ when we were there, basically it meant that they were still working on installing stuff, but he wanted to those of us attending BrickWorld to be able to come see it while we were in town. We were impressed with what we saw (and Rachel has 20 years as a museum exhibit designer, so if she hadn’t been impressed, I would’ve heard all about it). I think the official grand opening has occurred since we were there.

I’m pretty sure there’s a BTB video about it, they happened to be there filming the inside of The Vault while we were there (we weren’t allowed in).

I don’t know if it alone justifies a trip out there, but of course once you’re there it’s not like you’ll have a hard time finding other stuff to do in Chicago. Of course, you could also just wait and go to BrickWorld as an attendee next year. BrickWorld is awesome.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

@joshhall / anybody – know how to fix this so the website preview doesn’t cover up the rest of Walter’s post (and Josh’s…)?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

What are you using to view it? That is not happening on my screen. I see you’ve edited the post and fixed it, but it was not happening before either.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Chrome.

And it’s not fixed. For me. But I’ll live.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar