Hello!

Home Forums Introductions Hello!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jordan
    Participant

Hi everyone!

My name is Jordan, and I’ve decided to join to meet new people also interested in Lego in the Pittsburgh area.

I’m 24 years old and have just recently got back into building after taking a short break during college. I currently live in Mt. Lebanon.

I’m primarily interested in architecture builds, but have a side interest in trains. In particular, I enjoy castles and lighthouses.

My current project is a castle inspired by the various versions of Hyrule Castle from the Legend of Zelda series (which I’d like to get pictures of when it’s in a more complete form). It’s been a build I’ve been working on periodically over the past 10 years. Some other projects I’d eventually like to start include:

* The lighthouses of the Outer Banks
    * The Cathedral of Learning
    * Pitt Stadium

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome, Jordan! You’ve come to the right place. We’d love to see pictures of your Hyrule WIP when you get a chance. @rcgrier3406 has a huge MOC of Hogwarts and may be able to offer some helpful suggestions. We also have some great architecture builders in @greg and @timf among others…and we have plenty of inspiration when it comes to the Cathedral of Learning.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Mt. Lebanon is close to LUG headquarters, so that’s good! Its not a prerequisite though, LUG members are scattered all over the city.

If you get a chance, can you post an image of the castle you are interested in building … not the work-in-progress, rather the goal? Thanks!

Jordan
    Participant

The ultimate goal is a mix between these two. It will fit on a 48×48 base plate.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jordan
    Participant

It’s already been done, but I don’t have the room or resources to do something on this scale.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

That huge one, presumably in the Beyond the Brick video, is a huge commitment, although it uses fascinating building techniques to great affect.

Small scale is good too. It is a worthwhile challenge to build a reasonable size.

Btw, I like the image with the clouds, it reminds me of the castle/town in Tangled, (whose name I prefer not to mention at this time.)

Tom Frost
    Participant

(whose name I prefer not to mention at this time.)

probably worth a google

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Tom Frost.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Tom Frost.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar