Hello Again!

Home Forums Introductions Hello Again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant

Howdy y’all,

I made an account and registered here a little while back in a random resurgent interest in the LEGO hobby. It didn’t last long and was kinda like a half-return from my Dark Ages: I started to get back into LEGO but never fully got there. I’m hoping to be back for good now, as I’ve been encouraged to get back into the hobby.

As per my initial entry here, I’m still at WVU (don’t come after me, lol) studying Pysch, philosophy, and creative writing. In addition to LEGO, I’m also a published horror, fantasy, and crime author.

I’m hoping soon to start on a LEGO Instagram page for my MOCs. I was thinking of naming it “jrbrickworm”, a play-off my usual username, which is itself a play-off the word “bookworm,” as I love to read. I hope to make a variety of scenes in similar styles of @thecreatorrmocs on Instagram from a variety of different movies, TV series, books, etc.

I believe that’s all I’ve got for now… I can’t really get to in-person meetings but would love to get to know and communicate with the group!

Will McDine
    Participant

I’m still at WVU

Gotta love a fellow mountaineer. I love the state of West by god Virginia. WVU also has an incredibly beautiful campus. If only I could afford their tuition! LOL anyways, Welcome back! Have you given any thought to making MOCs of your own books? That would be cool. We have also done/are doing several Library displays you would likely be interested in!

JR
    Participant

Hellow fellow mountaineer! WVU definitely has a beautiful campus! It’s quite nice here. I plan on staying for graduate school before moving back to my hometown deeper in the state.

I kinda try to keep my writing and LEGO as two separate hobbies. I have a love/hate attitude toward writing. Many, many, writers have assured me this is normal once one progresses to publishing.

What library displays are y’all doing? I think my first project will be Ollivander’s as I am a huge HP fan…

Will McDine
    Participant

I plan on staying for graduate school before moving back to my hometown deeper in the state.

Where at if you dont mind me asking? My Mother-in-law was born and Raised in Mullens, which is just south of Beckley. My Wife was also born there but spent most of her childhood in Morgantown.

As far as the Libraries we are doing one (Atleast I believe) in Washington PA, which is basically half way between Morgantown and Pittsburgh. That would be the closest one!

JR
    Participant

I’m from Berkeley County. Once I have my Master’s I’ll probably return there or Jefferson.

JR
    Participant

Howdy! Just wanted to hop on here and promote my newly made LEGO Instagram account, @jrbrickworm !! So far I’ve got a couple posts for my recent Ollivanders Wand Shop MOC.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar