Hello all!

Home Forums Introductions Hello all!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dan Waksman
    Participant

Hey everyone, my name is Dan Waksman, I’m 37, a computer geek, and I live in McCandless Twp. I was very excited to hear about the LUG from David Donley and immediately knew that I had to join afterwards! Josh may also remember me from my Mellon days.

Starting with Duplos when I was 2 or 3, Legos have since always been my favorite toy. I packed away most of my sets when I went off to college, eagerly awaiting the day I’d get to enjoy them with my own kid. Over the years I picked up a few sets here and there. But, sure enough, my 4 year old son graduated to regular-sized lego bricks at the end of last year and now all he plays with are Legos all day, everyday. I love being able to share this with my son and it’s rekindled my excitement and passion for Legos! I enjoy just building sets (and fixing ones my son has broken as quickly as possible), but I also have a lot of fun with basic MOCs and like to encourage building themes with my son. First and foremost comes Lego Star Wars at home, probably followed by both Lego Marvel and DC Super Heroes. I’m looking forward to getting involved in some events, building a lot, and meeting some cool people!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Nobody replied to this yet? Everybody must have Cranberry Library burnout. Hi Dan, welcome, I’m Ben, I’m also in McCandless. You just missed the Cranberry Library Summer Reading display on Saturday. Matt just posted a whole bunch of pics to the homepage stream. The next big event is the PA Trolley Museum display starting June 27, there’s a thread somewhere on the forums discussing it.

Dan Waksman
    Participant

Ben, cool, glad to meet you! And you’re even right in my neck of the woods. I wish I had joined just a bit sooner; the Cranberry Library display looks pretty awesome! I’m looking to jump in, so if some help is needed with assembling the display for the PA Trolley Museum, maybe I can lend a hand.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Btw, you are the third Dan here, we might need to start referring to Dan’s by their last names.

Dan Waksman
    Participant

Yikes, I’m surrounded by Dans!

Josh
    Keymaster

of course I remember you Dan! great to have you along!

and at least 3 dans…and now 2 Dan W’s…I’m going to have to refer to each of you as your siteID number from now on. It’s just smart data referencing.

Always need builders and staffers alike. If you don’t have a town themed building/car/scene/etc for the trolley museum display, it’d be great to have you attend to see what an event is like.

Summer Display – PA Trolley Museum

and you got the link to the handbook in PM, right?

Dan Waksman
    Participant

Cool, I know it’s been a while! Well, when there’s trouble you can call me DW!

I’d definitely like to attend and check out the event. Let me see if I have anything old that I can dig up that would be appropriate and I’ll try and coordinate my availability.

Dan Waksman
    Participant

Oh, and yes I did get a chance to read through the handbook. So, what is a parts draft, and I love the idea of Beer and bricks / Sort and suds! I’d definitely be interested in helping sort some stuff and getting a chance to meet some other members.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by Dan Waksman.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar